movies What's the last film you watched? And rate it!

The Other Guys (8/10)
Very funny, very stupid, some blatant wrongness, but a bit too mush what was expected.

Inception (9/10)
Leaving the theater, thinking on the last shot of the film, we began the whole 'what the hell did we just watch" discussion. Was the whole thing in DiCaprio's mind or what? Does Nolan hate us? Does this mean Inception 2?

Despicable Me (9/10)
What can you say, I'm a sucker for animated wackiness (was this Pixar?) The kids were so cute, and the alternative reality so much fun...

Unstoppable (4/10)
Unwatchable? No. It was watchable, only why? Why did they waste 2 hours of my life on this tacked on melodrama bullshit story? Annoying visuals to boot, and really little more than an incident. Not a fully fleshed out story.

Lord of the Rings - Fellowship (10/10)
I can't believe some people dis this trilogy.

Khadak (7/10)
Mongolian Shaman film, very experimental modern Chinese thingy. A bit slow and the ending wasn't right. Still, some absolutely stunning cinematography.

thats why i dont like indies not fully fleshed out stories. But atleast with unstoppable ( you get it professionally dont) on the other hand its a studio so it should be a better story. But isnt that the case in general now. Unstoppable isnt some rare case anymore. 4 a bit low?

"No Country for Old Men"

Instant classic for me. Spectacular script, cinematography, and acting. Javier Bardem's best performance yet. TLJ was also impeccable.

9/10

The Witch. It's okayish. The subject and its daring content are more interesting than the film itself overall. I never felt much vested in any of the characters, but some or many films never achieve that. And that's okay. It's just nice when they do. So overall it's at least an interesting film.

Crimson Peak. It's okayish. The visuals are nice, as to be expected. The story is a bit lukewarm.

Last edited:
Star Wars The Force Awakens - 7/10

Pacing was excellent, one of the best I have enjoyed in a long time, visuals were spot on, however the story was a bit dull and the fight scenes were boring as hell, they had iko uwais and yayan but they did nothing.. what an absolute waste, however it has me ready for the next one.

X-Men: Apocalypse 10/10

Wow, really? You and I normally agree on movies! I'd say it's more like a B-. The Quicksilver and Wolverine scenes were F'ing GREAT! Otherwise, it kinda just felt like a rehash of First Class to me.

My most recent movie that I care to comment on -- The Nice Guys. Solid A! That movie is fun as shit. The humor is great, and it's a really interesting genre-mash of old-school Crime Noir with 1980's Buddy Cop, written with modern sensibilities. I highly recommend.

Jaws. (rewatch) 8/10 Suspenseful, great characters, masterful blocking, masterful use of score. Bruce makes it a bit hokey when he appears out of the water, but for the most part its a wonderful lesson in film making. I really like Spielberg's thing for having multiple conversations going on at once.

Last edited:
I watched "The Girlfriend Experience" on starz.
It was sexy and suspenseful. I liked it.

There should be more engaging content with sexual characters.
True Blood. Game of Thrones. The Girlfriend Experience.

It works. It's fun. And you know it's targeted at adults.

How did this thread die?

Arrival is fucking brilliant. Everything about it -- the writing, the acting, the cinematography, the SFX, the music, ALL OF IT!

Arrival gets an "A" in my book.

Watched Cedar Rapids. It was ok. 6/10. Plot and characters good. Dark comedy just didn't draw me in.

Watched Morgan. 7/10. Liked Ex Machina better and I guessed the twist from the car ride assignment at the beginning. :(

3 Days to Kill. 4/10. Vivi was completely unbelievable. Directors obsession with overusing RED lighting for no logical reason didn't sit well. Should have realized when I saw the opening scene and dialogue that it wasn't going to click the logic cylinders.

Last movie i watched was The Monster 2016... Personally i thought it was a 3 of 10. Horror movies are mostly terrible now days. I feel the only reason there still make is cause they're typically low budget.

I just re-watched a movie called "Tape" from 2001. It's directed by Richard Linklater; the only 3 actors are Ethan Hawke, Uma Thurman, & Robert Sean Leonard. It takes place entirely in a motel room.

I'm working on a script that will take place in 1 or 2 locations with 3 or 4 characters so I wanted to re-visit this one. I'd give it a 7/10; there's some whippy camera work that I find annoying but overall they did a lot with a little.

Back