Chris Gore's book: Ultimate Film Festival Survival Guide, 4th edition

2009 but the author seems to have dropped the ball and moved on.

I would buy it, even though information and opinion from at least six years old, *if* the password to accompanying website was useful. But the website appears to not exist.

Anyone found the selling price worth it regardless? Or is it mostly old news?

This is an awesome book! Although it maybe considered old, I think the information it provides is priceless. Chris has some great interviews with filmmakers and festival directors that are very informative and can assist in helping you get your film out there. He also has some cold hard truths about the world of independent filmmaking.

The information in the film festival listing maybe out of date, since film festivals come and go very often or change their submission deadlines and guidelines every year.

I think it's a great guide to have and a great book to read. There are a lot of marketing, and PR stuff filmmakers often overlook, and don't consider when they're making their films. This book provides a different perspective on the filmmaking process.

I got this book at Borders Book stores when they were still in business. :lol: OMG! And I still find it useful today.

Last edited:
Back