What's The Best Blu-ray Authoring and Disk Copying SW?

What's the best Blu-ray authoring and disk copying software for Apple computers?

Those of you with subscriptions to Adobe will say Encore. But, what do your recommend for "Perpetual Software" people who buy software without subscriptions? I'm reading Roxio Trademarks on Adobe Premiere Elements boxes and that would lead me to believe Adobe is using Roxio as a subcontractor to make their disk authoring software. Roxio also makes Toast 15 Titanium, which can author Blu-ray and DVD disks as well as it can make data CDs and copy disks.

Any advice or recommendations from personal experience?

Thanks in advance.

I spoke with the local DVD and Blu-ray replicating and authoring service in my area. They don't use Macs for disk authoring. They use Windows computers with DVD Architect. So, if I want to bring in my files or a master of a Blu-ray disk to replicate, it would need to be made with a Windows computer with DVD Architect.

The more Mac users I am talking to the more are telling me their Macs with Blu-ray drives just play main movie files and skip over the menus on the disk.

Check with your local disk replicating house would be a safe bet to know what's best to author Blu-ray disks in your area.

I guess this thread is at a conclusion, unless anyone has something to add.

And, A guy I work with install a program on his Windows computer and partitioned his hard drive to run the Mac OS on his Windows computer. You can try that. But, are you sure the problem with Blu-rays will be fixed? The Windows compuetrs with Blu-ray burners are a safe bet with DVD Architect and Cyberlink PowerDVD to burn Blu-rays with menus and test them on a software player. Sure, if you have substantial resources, try it both ways (partitioning a Mac and installing the software or buying an inexpensive Windows computer and installing the software) and see if there is a difference. Sometimes the way to learn to to experiment.

The Blu-ray authoring and playback problem with menus may be more than just software, since the source of the problem has not been properly identified. Running Windows on a Mac may help to identify it better. The surefire fix is to run it on a Windows computer. But, if someone what's to try a Mac with a Blu-ray burner with DVD Architect and Cyberlink PowerDVD and tell us the results, we may have something that can be forwarded to Apple Computers as a fix to the problem.

Back