• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "The Butterfly Effect" - My first romance based short film(with split screen!)

"The Butterfly Effect" - My first romance based short film(with split screen!)

http://youtu.be/QgN0uLYy7tg

My first romantic resolved short film I've tried out. I simply used myself and my girlfriend for actors, shot the majority myself and what I didn't I just put my rig on the ground.
I wanted to try use the split screen to telling two stories occurring at once, which I feel worked quite well. I shot on a Canon 600d, the majority with the 50mm 1.8 but also few shots with the 28mm 2.8. I'd be happy to answer any questions but would love to get some feedback on it!

http://youtu.be/QgN0uLYy7tg

I really enjoyed this one even though the split screen was odd. I think the thing would have been ended better at 1:36. I could guess the rest of the story from there.

I agree that it should end sooner.
I really liked the juxtaposition between the color and b/w, but if waking up half an hour late meant I'd only be a minute late, I think I'd sleep in every day, haha.

I'm not a huge fan of the typewriter explanation as a way of including the message. It makes me think of an old school Windows Movie Maker text effect and it feels like it breaks the flow.

I love the last scenes at the end, but perhaps if you were looking to finish it just after the meet, you could have a single frame of the couple. Zoom out of the photo to see a fridge with a whole bunch of other photos of the two together. I think it would get the same point across in much less time but still allow you to show off the awesome shots that you had at the end.

I love the last scenes at the end, but perhaps if you were looking to finish it just after the meet, you could have a single frame of the couple. Zoom out of the photo to see a fridge with a whole bunch of other photos of the two together. I think it would get the same point across in much less time but still allow you to show off the awesome shots that you had at the end.

I believe that would be a tremendous ending!

Back