• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

super 16 film projector for telecine

Hello, I'm lookinf for 16mm film projector to be converted for telecine of 16mm, super16 and perhaps ultra16.

Are there any decent EIKI, Bauer, projectors that at least would be native super16 format?
I tried to modify my old 16mm but the lens does not cover all the area, lens size is 38mm I see that other projectors have bigger lenses at 43mm etc.

I'm interested in these two at the moment:

BAUER P8TS universal P8 TS 16 mm Filmprojektor Lichtton und Magnetton

http://www.ebay.de/itm/BAUER-P8TS-u...ojektoren_Filmprojektoren&hash=item23254f4368

Eiki SNT-2 Slim Line 16 mm Tonfilmprojekt​or 1,2/50 250 W
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Eiki-SNT-2-S...ojektoren_Filmprojektoren&hash=item337a5dbbfe

I'm worried that they will still not fit full super16 frame. What about 4x4 or 6x6 Dia projector? This sure would fit the frame and I just need to retrofit the claw mechanics :)

The Bauer P8 TS Universal is a good choice, but you'll have to enlarge the gate for super 16.
Fixed speeds of 16 and 24fps are servo-controlled so can be tweaked. The extra claws produce a very stable image in comparison to other brands.
We are using this projector with a grasshopper HD machine vision camera, and revolutionary new tri-LED
system and software developed by Frank Vine (see cine2digits.co.uk) we are very pleased with it.

The Bauer P8 TS Universal is a good choice, but you'll have to enlarge the gate for super 16.
Fixed speeds of 16 and 24fps are servo-controlled so can be tweaked. The extra claws produce a very stable image in comparison to other brands.
We are using this projector with a grasshopper HD machine vision camera, and revolutionary new tri-LED
system and software developed by Frank Vine (see cine2digits.co.uk) we are very pleased with it.

I would love to do this, is it difficult to widen the gate? What sould I need to do?
(I imagine the gate has to be removed and filed down? Any traps to look out for?)

Back