Getting Financed by Dummy movie!

Hi friends. I was just thinking about to write something on my blog when a question came in my mind. I thoght to share it first with you. As you people are more experinced and will realy contribute alot to the the topic.

Coming towards the topic as we all know the major difference between indie movies (when i use the word indie please also include low budget movies) and big Named movies is finance. Infact majority of the indie filmmakers fail to get finance at earlier stage. And they are also unable to shoot the movie.

On the other hand even if they get able to shoot, majority of the times they dont have good equipments which are certainly an important aspect of filmmaking. Interestingly all this happen even if we have a sellable script (i think not even all sellable script gets sailed.)

So why cant we do one thing after finishing the final script if we make dummy of the movie on simple handy cam? i mean the simplest one? and then we can ask people to finance. Will it not be more easy to get finance.
Obviously when a movie is just on papers many people feel hard to invest but when they will atleast see a dummy they might be interested?

I know a very simple handy cam will have poor voice and poor picture quality. But atleast people (financers) will be able to see the creativity of the filmmakers (WE filmmakers) and they might invest. Because we all know its not the technical perfection which makes a movie HIT or Flop . It is the treatment and creativity which works.(example of Blair wich project and Clerk is an example). ANd obvioulsy these are the thing which we can show to financers even with a simple handy CAM. Above all even our expenses will be nearly 0. we will only have to look out for a Handy cam. and with help of friends (as crew and actors) we can show the financers a dummy. ATleast the chances to get finance will rise (i think chances will get double). And our movie this how might get presold

I just want to know what the experts and GURUS of indietalk say? I hope they can contribute a lot to this topic .

Regards

Last edited:
I am thanksful for so much useful information. I have read it all but i just have to go right now so will come later and read it all again with detail what GMD Films said. I think i will have some more questions too. Well thanks again for the support and guidense and telling me about the 2 movies.

Regards

GMD Films can you please explain me this

I see many young film makers sign over their films to 50 / 50 deals that ties up their rights for 5 - 7 years and they wonder why they can't afford to make their next movie.
what type of deal is this?

And can i please have any links to you movie trailors and synopsis please?

Regards

Last edited:
Back