Ugh! Fundraising blues.

Only mentioned since you didn't have a story yet.

Female main character on some sort of supernatural scavenger hunt? The ending sets up the beginning of your next flick? Or in reverse.

Comedy of course!

Can I be the "Executive Sound Designer"?

Don't think I'll have much time to work on it but I can give advice and help from afar,

hehehe

Female main character on some sort of supernatural scavenger hunt? The ending sets up the beginning of your next flick? Or in reverse.

Well, actually it's a pretty darned-good idea that you mentioned I connect the two. I will be giving it some very serious thought. But they would be two separate stories, completely. The Supernatural Road Trip is pretty locked in stone, at least in the overall structure of the story, and the arc that our hero takes. And that hero would nowhere be seen in this first movie (nor anything supernatural), should I choose to connect them.

If they are to be connected, it would be in this way -- in the 2nd movie, somebody has to die (that's a plot-line central to the entire story). And we really need the audience to not want them to die. Of course, in the 2nd movie, I would have to give the audience plenty reason to not want them to die, self-contained in that movie. But it might also be really cool to give that character their own entire movie, not as a prequel, but more along the lines of existing in the same universe, and the lead character in one movie just so happens to be a smaller (but important) character in the 2nd movie.

ROC -- actually, yes please, and thank you! The timing of "Antihero" was perhaps it's biggest problem. For casting reasons, I had to shoot in Summer. But I wasn't really ready to shoot in the Summer in which I shot it. For personal reasons, I simply wasn't willing to wait a full year until the following Summer. The end-result was that the production was Run-and-Gun, absolute chaos. I'm very happy with the movie, and it has resulted in many positive developments, but I'm not going to do anything like that again. On this next ultra-low-budgeter, it is a VERY high priority of mine to shore-up the production-weaknesses that exist in "Antihero", all of which resulted from the rushed production. And to that end, one of my missions, over the next half-year, is to personally become more competent at planning-for, and gathering better audio. :)

SERIOUSLY think of ways to supplement that meager $2.5k budget with some product placement opportunities incorporated into the screenplay.

http://www.google.com/webhp?source=....,cf.osb&fp=2f0fec438427a29c&biw=1599&bih=809

- the vehicle(s)
- cell phones
- soft drinks
- snacks
- computers
- game consoles
- gas stations
- restaurants
- things on billboards in the backgrounds
- things on t-shirts
- tourist destinations (the small, quirky mom & pop types)

Homework: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Greatest_Movie_Ever_Sold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9F43aLCgz0

Last edited:
make the connection vague, but ever-so present, and you're safe.

what you explained about the 1 character dying was pretty much along the lines of what I was thinking. take 1 character from the existing script and extrapolate their world, their reality into the new script, with all new scenarios and situations and such. that could work. or at least it's worth exploring a bit.

it's your clay, you can do what you will with it! :D

I really enjoyed reading through this thread and seeing the conclusion you've come to.

I think you've made the right choice. It'd be such a pity for you to hack your dream film to bits just because you can't raise the funds. I hope that taking the time out to get the extra experience and funding works out well

I really enjoyed reading through this thread and seeing the conclusion you've come to.

I think you've made the right choice. It'd be such a pity for you to hack your dream film to bits just because you can't raise the funds. I hope that taking the time out to get the extra experience and funding works out well

Thanks, Orrin, I appreciate you saying that!

Flicker, though your idea was a very good one, I decided on the story for next feature today, and it won't be connected to the Supernatural one. It's actually something I've wanted to do for a while -- I'm going to flesh-out one of my earliest shorts into feature-length. It is to be a mistaken-identity/time-travel adventure.

Back