[Jul 24] What are you working on this week?

Another script re-writing gig (challenging but interesting).

But my biggest project is working on getting my first feature, Surviving Family, streaming on Amazon Prime in Germany. The director is from there, which is why it's my first venture into a foreign language market. The sub-titles and synopsis are done and the title has been translated to Das Band der Familie, which I'm told roughly translates back to "The Ties That Bind the Family." I've got someone working on replacing the title in English on the poster with the German version, then hopefully we go live very soon thereafter. It all requires far more coordination that I realized when I set out to do it, but I'm hoping it's the first of many languages & countries for both movies.

In case anyone is interested in seeing Surviving Family here in the U.S. (shameless plug), here's the link:
https://www.amazon.com/Surviving-Fa...d=1500922153&sr=8-1&keywords=surviving+family

Last edited:
Corporate gig FINISHED! finishing music video and little trailer/promo video for a previous video for same artist. Forced myself to go away from the internet and phone and got a 1st draft of a new sci fi I want to do. Went to a little barn deep in the welsh countryside without even a tv or radio. It was absolute bliss. Creative too :)

I've spent 6-7 weeks now performing standup, showing off how funny I am and networking with local comedians.
All with one goal in mind.

Today I finally popped the question. I asked local comedian Ben to host and cowrite my weekly comedy news show and he said yes.

That makes it official. This show is happening!!!! I have a talented comedian host.

Season one will be for 8 weeks, once a week. I'll see if it gains any traction.
Going to spend the next two weeks ironing out the show's format with Ben.

No, out of the 12 subscribed submissions, they normally allow the first 2 for free.

Use your critical thinking skills, stay active in analysis, keep writing and you'll get better.
In a year from now you'll look back at your old scripts and think about how much better you could make them.

I think the problem with Inktip is that you're not the only one sending a submission to a producer's request, many other writers are. So your script could be good but someone else could be better.

aaaaand he changed his mind :lol:
I can be more aggressive and announce over an open mic that i'm looking for someone

I think the problem with Inktip is that you're not the only one sending a submission to a producer's request, many other writers are. So your script could be good but someone else could be better.
Is a producer's request asking for a specific subject matter?

I think that's pretty tough for people who are starting out. I imagine you'd probably come up with a better script if you chose the subject matter yourself, something you really want to write about instead of an assignment.
Professional writers can do assignments & rewrites but they have a lot more experience.

Yeah, most of the request I'm interested in though so I have no problem writing something new. It's just the problem of other people having a better story. And to write your own script and post it you have to subscribe.

Yeah, most of the request I'm interested in though so I have no problem writing something new. It's just the problem of other people having a better story. And to write your own script and post it you have to subscribe.
I guess you have to see if it's worth it. Hopefully you're seeing improvement with each script.

Back