• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "Flaud High" Comedy. Hoping for comments and critiques

Hi all,
I'd like to share with you my first live comedy, here:
http://www.humancreationfilms.com/flaud-high/

It's a super low-budget short I made in China, whilst being an English teacher (thus being able to utilize students, classrooms, etc). I've showed it to many of my classes and get a good response.. but I've heard from others that it's not very funny for Chinese people. I didn't think the humor was so "American".. but anyway, I'd like to know the opinions of the American crowd as I've only showed it to a few of my American friends.

Also, I've directed and produced several short films but have never really gotten feedback from fellow film makers such as those on this forum. I'd really appreciate some advice/critiques on the elements in the film.

In the mean time, I really hope you would show your support for me by Following me on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/Derekhhh

And Liking my facebook page:
www.facebook.com/derekhhh

Here's some info about the movie:

Synopsis
Lee Chan is a naive, idealistic teacher that easily finds a new job at a high school. However, he soon realizes that this is far from the dream school that he imagined. Here, teachers fight to stay alive amidst the chaos of the classroom. Lee Chan finds himself seeking new ways to stay alive in the struggle with his students, rather than giving up and running like so many other past teachers have done.

Credits

Lead Actor- Lang Ming
Director, Writer, Music Composer, Editor- Derek Hammer

Back