Can Movie Magic Screenwriter, import a screenplay into it?

I have a script, written by someone else, that I want to make changes, to lower the budget. Mainly I just have to change the third act around.

Is there a way to import the script into the program Movie Magic Screenwriter, so I will not have to type out the entire thing? Like can I convert the script to a different format that MMS will accept perhaps? Right now it's a PDF file.

Thank you for your input everyone. I really appreciate it.

Been years since I used MMS but I don't think you can import a pdf to create a new screenplay. You need to convert the PDF to Word or rich text format first and then I believe you can import it.

There are online tools for converting pdf to word/text, etc.

Microsoft Word can even convert it to pdf (default when you try to open it).

I tried it but it didn't work, cause movie magic screenwriter cannot tell the difference between dialogue and action when you copy and paste an RTFM file.

Is there any other ways?

LOL LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG!!!!
IDL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RTFM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read

The

Fucking

Manual

OMG, there really is no hope.

Abandon all hope!!!

I tried it but it didn't work, cause movie magic screenwriter cannot tell the difference between dialogue and action when you copy and paste an RTFM file.

Is there any other ways?

Wow. Here is solid evidence you straight up bullshit. I wonder how many other times you "tried" our advice, and returned with more questions, just bullshitting us. That or trolling. This is pretty unbelievable either way.

Next time try google and stop BSing us.

If you are losing most of the formatting when copying and pasting a script from a PDF file into Movie Magic Screenwriter, you might not be opening the PDF into the best application.

On both Mac and Windows, the application that preserves the best formatting is Adobe Reader. It is available for free at www.adobe.com and does a much better job than the built-in Macintosh Preview or Windows Reader apps.

Once Adobe Reader is installed, PDF files should copy and paste much more cleanly into Movie Magic Screenwriter. Some cleanup of the document still may be required but should be minimal.

Also

http://www.learnmoviemagicscreenwriter.com/import-a-script.html

Been years since I used MMS but I don't think you can import a pdf to create a new screenplay. You need to convert the PDF to Word or rich text format first and then I believe you can import it.

There are online tools for converting pdf to word/text, etc.

Microsoft Word can even convert it to pdf (default when you try to open it).

Correct! Adobe Acrobat Standard or Professional can do that.

Googledocs may convert it. But, I never tried it with Googledocs.

The person who sent H44 the screenplay as a PDF did so for the purpose of him not editing their screenplay. Otherwise, they would have emailed him a copy as a RTF, native screenplay format, or txt file.

Last edited:
Back