Screenwriting Poll

My best ideas come to me...

• anywhere, and i jot them down in a small pad or device I carry.

Votes: 29 34.9%
  • when at my computer or typewriter.

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • in a quiet place away from the city.

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • while brainstorming with others.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • at Starbucks or other coffee house.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • on the throne.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • at night, or while in bed.

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • while on IndieTalk.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • combo of above

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • other

Votes: 9 10.8%

• Total voters
johnnyReb said:
...Even at my young age of 28...
I'm 27 and I feel old.

I finally got a Voice Recorder and I listened to my collection of notes last night. Only two of the thirty files were over one mintue in length. They were mostly things like, "Jack is a stubborn man. That's why he doesn't trust Victor." (two characters in a script I'm working on) or "A man marries a woman who turns out to be a prostitute in her spare time." (an idea).

Poke

Last edited:
Awwww, the night time is the right time!

I usually get my ideas really late at night whether I'm sitting in front of the computer thinking of what to write or just veggin' in front of the TV.

11pm to 2am is "golden hour" as far as my brain's ability to conjure up ideas goes.

Mine just come whenever. I'll just get lost in thought and a good one will pop out. A lot of times I am actually thinking about the initial story idea and it will just flow from there.

loyfilms said:
I usually get my ideas really late at night whether I'm sitting in front of the computer thinking of what to write or just veggin' in front of the TV.

11pm to 2am is "golden hour" as far as my brain's ability to conjure up ideas goes.

Same here in a sense. My best writing gets done when I am so exhausted that I can barely keep my eyes open. Perhaps I am tapping into my unconscious.

Back