3d artist -- work for hire

I have a commercial project in the works and have the opportunity to hire a 3D artist to provide 3 short animations of 3 animal characters to be composited into footage at a later date. For ease of compositing later, I'd prefer Blender as a 3D app, but I'm not opposed to other possibilities.

Interested parties should contact me @ knightscape@charter.net with your contact information and a link to an online portfolio / reel.

At this point, I need to be able to know that I have an artist on tap so we can seal the deal with the client... this job will pay at least $500, possibly more depending on the negotiations.

... this job will pay at least $500, possibly more depending on the negotiations.

Hey Knightly. Just giving ya a heads-up. You're probably looking at around $300 bucks -"per finished second?" Give or take a few hundred. And then depending on how elaborate it gets, the price just goes up from there. Then there's the question of do you already own the model and animations? Those can get pretty expensive. Animation is a really expensive way to go.

I'm aware, that's why I included the minimum price there. It'll be a flat rate work for hire. If you're not interested for that reason, I'm not offended. Building the models will be part of the project as well... we don't currently know the budget, nor the specific beat for beat of the finished product... but we need to walk into the meeting with all of the resources in place. If you are more experienced and want to present a reel and a day rate, I'll certainly keep you in the roster, but right now, it's going to be a low paying project on all fronts.

If you're past that point in building your career, congratulations, I wish I was at that point too - hopefully, this project is the beginning of many that I can get paid to do rather than working pro bono as I've been doing thus far. If I'm getting paid, I'd rather spread the love around. I've only posted here so I can try to keep it a bit "in house" and share the love in my own community.

Back