• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Bibio - Lover's Carvings

A little video I made out of footage I shot a few weeks ago when just out walking.

Some of it isn't great quality, I need a couple of decent lenses.

Just look for a bit of constructive criticism on the editing, grading and fit for the music.

https://vimeo.com/96800257

Josh.

P.s. this is my first post, and am looking forward to joining in with this community.

The grading looked good, 0:29 feels really nice as well as the end of the video with the brick house. do you use a reference monitor to grade? some of those blacks could have been crushed a little more, but that's personal preference. didn't really seem like a music video though, just felt like a bunch of clips that you graded and added music to as an afterthought. what camera/lenses? and do you use a preset for the color? if not, what is your method? software?

I like it - a very rustic, country atmosphere. The music fits very well.

Though, you might want cut down the first shot - I think 5 seconds is
a little too long to hold on just one image, certainly for an internet video.

Yeah I agree with you Garry on the first clip, thank you for that. Was a bit too long!

And Opus, I didn't use a reference monitor to grade it, which in hindsight would have been useful. Essentially it was just that, what you said but with a bit more direction in my own mind. (In regards to a bunch of shots thrown together) Im using a Canon 60D with the standard 18-55mm lens.

I graded using Premiere Pro and the three way colour corrector and didn't use a preset.

Thank you for the interest guys.

The music worked fine, both to the nature scenes and gave sort of a funny, interesting feel to the little shaky houses (the walk).

Thank you, i'm only just starting, just on the road to learning some stuff.

Doing a course soon in production technology, so its nice to start early and get a bit of practice in.

Also, Nick the walking I dont want to be shaky! I need a little steady cam thing...

Any that anyone would recommend? I've heard the Flycam Nano's are good/decent cheaper end options?

Thanks

Back