• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Shadows Of The Mind (Really Short Film)

Shadows Of The Mind is one of the first short films I directed. It made it to a few film festivals, but I’ve never gotten any real feed back. I wanted to do something crazy and weird but with a simple narrative. So I hope everyone likes it and if you do, don’t mind pressing the Like/Heart button.

Shadows Of The Mind: https://vimeo.com/35076203

Movie

This movie has an interesting story to it and is also visually nice but what hurt it for me is the audio. Most of it was really low. Keep up the great work though.

Critiques or Comments

Any other opinions or critiques. I like to hear from as many people as possible. If anyone has a question to, I don't mind answering.

Hey! Nicely done. I particularly liked the ending shot with the lightbulbs. I wasn't as bothered by the audio really. The footage looks great. I felt like the color correction in the beginning was a little heavy handed, but the rest was spot on. The lighting effect for the "conscience" was really good too. Did you use a practical light for in camera?
-Matt

Thanks, glad you liked it. Yeah we used a practical light to get a realistic glow on his face. We attached flood light to a boom pole and then digitally removed it in post.

Films such as this one are very hard to pull off....Reminds me more of a stage piece, but still pretty good job......

I thought the audio was really good for the most part. Did you use a prepackaged score? Some of the reverb added was really nice. What program did you use for that?

I thought the audio was really good for the most part. Did you use a prepackaged score? Some of the reverb added was really nice. What program did you use for that?

The score was created by Secession and Martij De Mont. Once I had edited most of the film, I started looking for music for the film. I found these guys on YouTube and found a song that I liked from each of them. They where nice enough to give me permission to use there music in the short but with the condition I don't make a profit from the short of course, which I didn't mind.

You check out there music here: Secession And Martij De Mont

And the reverb was created with Soundtrack Pro.

Back