Self distribution??? Distribber??

Hello everybody, new to this forum. My name is Ed Gutierrez a co-founder of Fat Foot Films.
We were looking into a different path we have never traveled, being self distribution. Has anyone done work with Distribber?? If so what platforms have you used and what do you think of it. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Hello everybody, new to this forum. My name is Ed Gutierrez a co-founder of Fat Foot Films.
We were looking into a different path we have never traveled, being self distribution. Has anyone done work with Distribber?? If so what platforms have you used and what do you think of it. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a blog which is a very comprehensive case study of the release and self distribution of feature film Landmine Goes Click , this guy is testing and analyzing many different advertising platforms and reports everything online, you should check it out - http://landminegoesclick.com

Hi Ed Gutierrez,

I suggest you to build own branded VOD Platform or Video streaming site to monetize the video contents at ZERO Investment. Just visit Muvi Studio - A white label VOD Platform provider to build you own platform at 1 click without ant set-up Fee.
Check out - www.studio.muvi.com

Why so much? Is it to pay to encode it? Is it for all of the hard drive space that your movie takes up?
And how much is the annual renewal fee?

It's a weeding out process as usual. They figure if you are serious, $1600 is not a lot in the filmmaking grand scheme of things. We actually are considering Vimeo VOD for our new release (www.brakelightsfilm.com) As with any VOD service you will still need to market/promote your film. Vimeo VOD is only $200. Yes they take 10% of your sell, but you are saving $1400 on the front end. You could spend that extra cash you save in marketing and promoting your film. If you already have an audience for your film and you know that the only way they want to view it is on iTunes, then by all means, shell out the $1600 bucks and give it a shot. However, if you are trying to build an audience for your film, what you may find is that you are not recouping the cost of "looking credible" by being on iTunes. Think about it $1600 for iTunes placement, plus $120 a year after that for Distribber

Back