• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Tagger and Final Draft

I've broken my script up and saved it by in location (ex: George's Kitchen. or Nancy's Bedroom)

I've opened each location up in Tagger and filled in Cast/Props/Costumes.

I can print the report from Tagger for each scene (cast/props/costumes). But, I can't print the actual scene with it.

Is there a way to print the scene and report together?

Not useless at all. That breakdown is going to make it 10 times easier to schedule and budget your film efficiently.

My problem is, out of sight, out of mind. And I'm a obsessive compulsive neat freak, only when it comes to things like this.

With Us Sinners I had all the elements at the top of the page, and then the scene script with notes below. One place, one look.

At the moment that's gone. My computer doesn't have microsoft word or excel. So, I can't cut and paste. I have to print the elements on one page, and the scene on another. I know it sounds easy and workable. But, I'll be staring at it, cussing like a son-of-a-bitch.

But, that's just me. I'm fairly insane.

Dreadylocks is talking about using Movie Magic Scheduling and Budgeting with Final Draft to get a shooting schedule and budget from your script.

Microsoft Word and Excel are the painful workarounds budgeting and scheduling software.

I have MS Office. So, I can open documents for Office in their native format. I've gotten budgeting and scheduling templates for MS Excel from friends. There is no way to import data from Final Draft into Office. You can copy and paste, but that causes formatting problems inside Excel.

You could always download Open Office. It's free.

But, yeah, Tagger is meant for use with budgeting software.

Thank you. I downloaded openoffice.

I could cut and paste or play with it for the next day and a half, till the stupidity exits my mind and I figure out a way to get the tagger info and scenes migrated. But, it's easier to ask, HOW DO I DO THIS?

I already tried opening a tagger file and that didn't work at all.

Thanks again: George

If I apply myself I figure it out.

I opened each Final Draft location, and the corresponding Tag. Then I cut and paste the tag above each scene. It worked perfectly. A longer process then I'd hoped. But great.

I've started breaking down a script and after few times I have saved the work the program shows a banner saying that the it was unable to make the saving. I reload the file and keep working. The problem is that if I need to make changes to the script in the file I tagged, the Final Draft program tells me that this file is not compatible with the Final Draft version. I'm using the latest Final Draft 8 version with latest Final Draft Tagger version. Any ideas of why this happens?

Do you mean the Scene Heading? I'm not really sure why you're breaking your script up by location either, tagger will work simply with a full script...

Script Breakdowns are not meant to have the full scene out of the script written with it. If that's what you want, then you'll have to do that yoursef. Tagger does a great job of providing breakdown information in printable reports, and being able to export that information into something like Movie Magic.

I've started breaking down a script and after few times I have saved the work the program shows a banner saying that the it was unable to make the saving. I reload the file and keep working. The problem is that if I need to make changes to the script in the file I tagged, the Final Draft program tells me that this file is not compatible with the Final Draft version. I'm using the latest Final Draft 8 version with latest Final Draft Tagger version. Any ideas of why this happens?

Your best bet is to call customer support. This software is too expensive to put up with it not working properly.

Back