• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch THE RAVEN

Uh-oh, looks like it's being penned by the same screenwriter of "Street Fighter: Legend of Chun Li". Ouch. Let's hope he steps up his game.

Never blame the writer. You have no idea what the producer(s), studio, distributors, director, and all the ghost writers may have done to a script before it hit screens.

Very few movies have the scripts unsullied. Even Robert Towne and William Goldman get re-written. Maybe Woody Allen gets his words on screen as written.

Great success story...wow. A feature with Marky-Mark. Very good for him. Clearly 5K was money well-spent in this case. The product looks stellar...most indie companies spend 5K and everything looks like dog poop...it's interesting to see what 5K and a solid team can do.

I hope they keep a lot of the production talent and include the actors in some way, form, or fashion. It would be ashamed to screw all the original talent (like Hollywood loves to do).

I hope they keep a lot of the production talent and include the actors in some way, form, or fashion. It would be ashamed to screw all the original talent (like Hollywood loves to do).

I would hope so, but don't think it's likely. There are a million factors why they might not. The fact that it's a studio movie now means an all union crew, so if the actors and crew of the original weren't union, they have no prayer.

If the studio demands a D.P. who has worked bigger shows, then the entire G&E Departments from the original can say good bye because the new D.P. will bring on his own team.

The pressures and demands of the people paying the bills means you lose a lot of control of your movie. It isn't up tot he director anymore. He's just a cog in the wheel.

As much credit as is handed out to the director of a major Hollywood movie, they really are not the autonomous auteurs we're led to believe they are. It's a myth.

Yes, I figured...it's going union, so all non-union crew and actors are out, and teams will come attached to the honchos.

I always have hope though.

bumped..

So what happened to this guy? Did they get funding in the end? I'll do a search later but I want to know how he's doing 6 months later.

Nice, always good to see a Youtube viral success.

It's an established way into the industry now. Only 1 in 10,000 might succeed but the door's still technically open.

Nice, always good to see a Youtube viral success.

It's an established way into the industry now. Only 1 in 10,000 might succeed but the door's still technically open.

The odds look more like 1 in 10,000,000 to me. YouTube is soooo inundated with stuff these days. I think I read the average is something like 200,000 new videos are uploaded a DAY.

You're probably right, but I would still prefer to deal with 100,000 aimless ADHD viewers looking for kicks, than 10 faceless suits in a room.

Our generation have a whole new set of challenges.

Back