Collaborative Effort

Any Producers, Writers, DP's-Cinematographers, Editors, Production Designers, Art Directors, Construction Coordinators, Prop Fabricators, Monster Suit Performers, and Special Effects Artists interested in teaming up with a Writer-Director, Special Effects Artist, Prop and Set Designer, Actor/Puppeteer?

Hi. I’m looking for a small group of filmmakers to collaborate with, not only looking to add to my reel and portfolio, no but what I am really interested in is looking for future filmmaking partners or joint co-productions. You know that age old saying, "two or more are better than one." Well, it's true and I'm going to prove it to you.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in working with me on some projects because I have a ton of great ideas in the works and don't worry about the money aspect for now. I really want to team up with someone or a small team or crew with similar interests, vision and passion. You can look over my profile here and on my other websites and blogs to see.

Oh and when I say special effects artist I mean someone who can kitbash or build models and miniatures from blueprints or concept art, sculpt, mold, cast, paint/airbrush, create prosthetic makeup effects, masks, arms and hands aka gloves, acrylic eyes, acrylic dentures or fake teeth, creature suits, animatronics, rod and cable puppets, build small sets for stop motion animation films, build walk-on sets or flats, fabricate props, etc.

I'd prefer a cameraman 'or woman' that knows and is capable of super steady movement, high speed and special in-camera effects, and motion control work ideally for shorts, features, webisodes, commercials, music videos, Steadicam and special effects work alike. The cameras of my choice for 35mm would be the ARRIFLEX 435 Xtreme, because it is the most versatile MOS camera for film. Now for HD or digital I prefer the ARRI Alexa 65, the Sony PMW F55, the Sony F65, the Panavision Genesis HD, the Phantom Flex or any RED dcc. But of course when it all comes down to it, these are all just tools and we could use anything technically because it's all in how we use the equipment to reach the end resulting goal.

If you are out there especially in New Jersey saying to yourself, "Hey I've been waiting for something like this!" and have been searching for someone or a team to collaborate with then this is something you’d be interested in, contact me here with a PM and I'll give you my email or phone number and we’ll take if from there. Oh and one more thing, it might be best if you are from NJ, PA or NY since they are close and the work we'll be doing is in those three states but… it'd be just as welcoming if you were located in any state even as far as Canada but that would be kind of tough on your wallet traveling expenses wise unless you didn't mind, come on down and lets get started!

Hope to hear from you!

All the best
Tom

I'm filming a footchase in millersville MD this saturday night.

Know any special effects tricks for simulating gunshots? I don't think any of my extras would let me strap explosive squibs to them. And I'd probably hurt someone :) Probably just going to use fully cgi blood spurt

Know any special effects tricks for simulating gunshots? I don't think any of my extras would let me strap explosive squibs to them. And I'd probably hurt someone :) Probably just going to use fully cgi blood spurt

Yeah, a few. LOL! No? They won't let you? Well, it's probably better if you left it to a licensed pyro but a lot of independent filmmakers and special effects artists that don't have the luxury of funds do it under the radar though. I myself am not a licensed pyrotechnician for explosive bullet hit squibs but I know a few tricks of the trade. Plus I find if I show a little demonstration to the actors or extras-furniture and show them how it will be performed, how safe it is, they relax and agree to it.

This will be kind of difficult to explain but for the practical approach, get yourself a Drain Blaster with a vinyl braided hose about 3 ft long or so then fill it with the blood mortar or how ever you prefer your blood to look on film, now paint the hose a greenscreen color and have someone run along side the actor(s) to be shot depending which side front or back in frame and when ready or on cue pull the blaster trigger and let the blood fly. I would run a few tests to get used to it or just shoot a few scenes and get it just right if you have the time. It would be a lot easier if I were there doing it but I think you'll get the picture.

And if you are going the cgi approach, google this " video copilot bullet hits " that should help also and they are fairly simple to do yourself.

Hey I live in Maryland! Need any more extras ? :)

Back