Does your film have Music?

Does your film have Music? If anyone out there has completed a film, and needs a score recorded for them, let me know. I've just finished my current project and am seeking another. Please advise. [/b]

I can create many styles of music. In taist, I prefer minimalist type compostitions. I can compose on a banjo/acoustic piano/synth/upbeat or electroinic. You name it, I can probably do it.

I guess I prefer to work, balancing between electronic instrumentation, and "real" instrumentation. Like say, drums. I prefer to record real drums, unless of course electronic drums would be more suitable for the film. It all depends. I prefer to use a real piano, and substitute artificial strings, per say. (Synths work well, and not all synth compositon has to necesarily sound cheesy. )

If you have anything in mind, please run it by me, and I'll tell you if I can deliver. I wouldn't take on a project, if I wasn't confident that I could deliver qulity work.

soundonscene said:
Does your film have Music? If anyone out there has completed a film, and needs a score recorded for them, let me know. I've just finished my current project and am seeking another. Please advise. [/b]
I am a month or so away from locking picture on a feature length crime thriller. I'm looking for a composer who can also arrange, record and mix a simple score with sax, piano, drum, guitar and maybe a deep string instrument.

I'm looking for something with a strong central theme (like David Raskin's Laura) because the musical "theme" is a clue to the ending.

What are your rates?

$$ RATES

I'd like to get paid, but will work for only a credit, if your work is of quality, and you are as dedicated and determined as I am.

Re: $$ RATES

soundonscene said:
I'd like to get paid, but will work for only a credit, if your work is of quality, and you are as dedicated and determined as I am.
Okay.

How do we decide if I am as dedicated and determined as you?

I feel my work is of quality. But I imagine all filmmakers feel that. How do we derermine if you think my work is up to your standards of quality?

music for your film

LOOK,

the only way to tell if your work is worthy of other artists colaboration, is to have the guts, to put your stuff out on the line, and COLLABORATE.

If you have some completed film/short/animationmovie/etc. then I will view it and probably dig it.

So, sh_t folks, if anybody out there wants to fxcking join up together, and complete a final OUTCOME, OR PRODUCT, then let's all use this forum for something useful. I mean what the hell else is anyone here for.

TALK IS CHEAP.

i'm ready to collaborate with other film makers who could use my services. Again, i don't want your money.

8)

Perfect time to remind people that this this board has a tonne of features, including PMs (Private Message) and Email buttons... located under each post, and in each person's Profile. (Assuming it was filled in)

Money (as well as a host of other issues) can be very difficult to discuss in a public forum. The PMs and Email are a great way to communicate privately, when the discussed issues may make one or both parties uncomfortable in the full view of the entire 'net... especially in an introductory proposal.

The boards are a great way to meet new people... see new things... learn a lot about the craft... ask a lot of questions... get feedback on ideas... ask advice.... share experiences... contribute to a common knowledge... even just chat...

...but when it's time to "talk turkey", nothing beats a one-on-one conversation in a private setting such as PM or Email.

Things don't work out? It's still amicable.
Rates too low/high? No need for the community to see the haggling.
Need to send links that the whole world doesn't need to see? No worry.

No need to dance about, hedging options in public. Take advantage of the board's many options to get to know fellow collaborators better.

(How's that for a Public Service Announcement? As usual... I rambled on... :shock: )

Re: music for your film

soundonscene, I apologize if you thought my questions were challenging your talent or dedication. I do have the “guts” to put my stuff on the line, and have done so. A click on the “www” button on the bottom of my posts will take you to my site where you can see my trailer. The site isn’t complete (too busy actually editing the movie and working on another to shoot in Sept.) and takes too long to load (I’m a filmmaker, not a web designer) but it’s there.

My questions were not intended to create animosity or initiate an angry debate. I may have taken your post wrong - but your frequent use of caps indicates shouting and your use of profanity indicates anger. If I am misreading your post, I apologize for that, too. Sometimes it’s hard to decipher intent on a message board.

I was truly interested in your thoughts on how we could come to a collaboration agreement.

Back