Feedback for Horror Project Concept Capsule

Is this a film that you would be interested in watching or buying?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hello everyone,

I'm currently refining the concept capsule for a horror project I'm working on. The concept capsule follows:

"Dimples" is a riveting look at a question that lies at the heart of our fear of insane evil: Can true happiness be found within it?

From that capsule, what do you think the project is about?

All feedback is welcome! Thanks!

Regards,
Joe Garbutt

Poll

Hello again, everyone,

I see that two people thus far have stated that based on the concept capsule, they would not be interested in watching or buying this movie... my question to those that answer either yes or no to this poll is... why?

Again, all feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Regards,
Joe

True happiness in insane evil? What? That doesn't make any sense...all else I've got to say is..another horror flick?!

Yours may turn out to be awesome, but to me there are too many already...and they all suck thusfar, so I refrain from watching most indie horrors. The genre has become a huge joke. It's sad.

Well, I might disagree there...

There is a lot of good indie/small-time horror & sci-fi out there. Sorting it out from the bad stuff is always time-consuming, though... but that is no different from any other genre.

I'm always open to a new horror/sci-fi flick... it's just the type of thing I enjoy, and will put aside the time for. Might find something great, or just munch some popcorn while doing my MST3K impressions.

The thing is... this threads "poll" is just too vague.

Anyways.. til it gets clarified, enjoy this link:

Freaks of the Moon: (Sadly, not to be continued)

:shock:

Good afternoon, everyone,

Thanks for all your feedback so far. I see that I'll need to revise the capsule some more because the purpose of the capsule is to project the "feel" of the movie with just that little blurb.

From the above concept capsule, none of you have any "feel" for what the movie might be about? My plan is to solicit this feedback until people tell me what they feel the movie is about based off of that concept capsule and they get it just right.

The concept capsule is going to form the heart of my marketing and promotional plan. However, I want that heart to be as accurate as possible. The only way to do this is to solicit feedback from people.

If after this explanation, everyone still thinks it a bit too vague, I'll refine it some more.

I've already refined it thrice but I fully expected this process to take all these refinements. I want the concept capsule to capture the feeling of the project perfectly.

Thanks again, everyone.

Still fuzzy on this...

The "capsule" is clearly asking a rhetorical question. That means you and I share a common perceived knowledge in advance, regarding the contextual correct answer. This is not, however, the case.

It is just not possible to even begin to guess at what the project is about. Well, let me qualify that... we have "insane evil" to work with, but even that is a pretty broad brush. For all I know, this is a story about my ex! :P

I really would like to add something more positive, in terms of feedback, but there is just nothing at all to go on. Something solid like a synopsis, a teaser/trailer file, a Goodyear blimp with scrolling text...

I'd love to learn a bit more... I'm always up for horror films/shorts... and I will certainly have something to feedback, if the occasion (and detail) arises :)

Thanks ZenSteve

Thank you so much for POSITIVE feedback. To me, all feedback is essentially positive if it helps me make whatever I'm trying to work on better in any way. :) That being said, I shall be rewriting the capsule incorporating your suggestions and the suggestions of other people I polled. Stay tuned to this space... :D

K. After a bit of refinement. This is the new concept capsule. Again, any and all feedback is welcome. Even if you think its "negative" please give it as that can only help me refine this thing further. Once again, based on the concept capsule below, what do you think this project is about? What "feel" do you get? What sort of horror movie do you think it is?

Concept Capsule Version 1.1 : "There is evil in the world and there are those who succumb to it with a smile."

I "feel" it is a movie about schizophrenia. (Serious guess)

--------------------------

If not, it must be one of the following...

1 ) It's about a girl, whose life ambition is to get the starring role in a snuff-film.

2 ) It's a documentary, based on the life of Eva Braun.

3 ) It's an indepth examination of the Manson Family, and the glue that holds them together.

4 ) It's a video recording of any Teletubbies episode.

5 ) It's Jeckyll & Hyde, with a twist... he falls in love with himself.

6 ) It's about vampires, and the goth-girls that love them.

7 ) It's a film about some college students who join the Young Republicans.

8 ) It's about Philip Morris tobacco industry, and their happy cancerous customers.

9 ) It's the tale of masochistic Yakuza henchmen, who enjoy having their finger joints lopped off for each error they make.

10) It's the sad story of a group of teenagers, and their subsequent fall to (insert random) peer-pressure.

:D

Thanks again, Zensteve. You've no idea how much your feedback is helping. :D

Everyone else? What are your thoughts? And from that capsule is it a movie your would purchase or pay to view?

Back