Does anyone know any good places to order gas blowback guns for movie making?

Basically I want the guns that can simulate gas blowback, and then I will have someone add the remaining VFX in post. However, I cannot find a website that has a lot of selection. Replica firearms, doesn't sell gas blowback particularly, and only saws 'replicas', which are different. And a lot of people have recommended Short USA, but every item in their catalog that caught my eye, is 'out of stock', on their site.

Does anyone know any better sites, that have more in stock, by any chance? There is one place I found but the guns are more expensive than Shorty USA, and I was wondering if there any places that more closely match Shorty's prices.

Last edited:
Yeah I could do that, it will just be a time to delay to get another gun, and was hoping to start sooner. I could do that whole after effects thing where the muzzle looks like its being put back, but that will take someone who knows how to do that for sure, and hiring that person.

It might just be cheaper to get another airsoft gun, and wait it out in time for it to get here, rather than spend more money.

As for hitting the trigger quickly, it's difficult to pull it fast enough that the bolt on the pistol, only moves back and forth once.

I thought it was semi-auto, but reading the fine small print, it is in fact, full-auto only.

Last edited:
If you know anything about editing software, then composite software isn't going to be that much of a bigger deal. Filmmaking is a giant learning process of "how can I do this?".

If you don't want to spend money, start learning how you can do it yourself. Not only can that become valuable, but it makes you efficient and effective.

If you know anything about editing software, then composite software isn't going to be that much of a bigger deal. Filmmaking is a giant learning process of "how can I do this?".

If you don't want to spend money, start learning how you can do it yourself. Not only can that become valuable, but it makes you efficient and effective.

The problem is H44 only asks, but never tries.

Yeah I could do that, it will just be a time to delay to get another gun, and was hoping to start sooner. I could do that whole after effects thing where the muzzle looks like its being put back, but that will take someone who knows how to do that for sure, and hiring that person.

It might just be cheaper to get another airsoft gun, and wait it out in time for it to get here, rather than spend more money.

I thought it was semi-auto, but reading the fine small print, it is in fact, full-auto only.

Your best bet is to find the excuse that most accurately fits your situation and use that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back