• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch IMAGINE, our new short film

Great idea with a really good and original premise. The only negative thing I have to say is regarding the different look between the two stories. The kids portion had some really good afternoon lighting with great angles and some excellent camera work. Whereas the adult portion seemed to have all been shot at midday with not as much emphasis on camera movement and interesting angles. The kid portion looked more like a great film to me, where the adult portion made me feel as if I were watching an episode of Walker Texas Ranger or something. I think some more use of the wide angle lens would have helped a bit.

But it was very enjoyable, I look forward to seeing any future productions of yours.

Thanks guys

king goldfish - we shot it on a cannon GL1, we can't wait to get the XL2.

Loyfilms - we were trying to go for 2 different looks from reallity to the fantasy. The fantasy has more golds and the real brings out the beautifull colors. We actually used the wide angle lens most of the time on fantasy stuff, mainly becasue we couldn't get the camera far enough back in the tight areas. As far as the mid day stuff that was a tough one. Our goal was to shoot the early stuff in the movie around early morning times, then the middle around noon and the end as the day is starting to end. It ended up being shoot when people had time. We did the whole shoot in 3 days so it turned into just get it done. Hopefully we will learn from our many mistakes on this one.

Thanks for the crits again.

Mike

Back