A Smarter.Way To Do Post

I see now that a smarter way to assemble a production with the system I'm using is I should remove the royalty free place holder music from Sony Vegas where all the main editing is done and transfeer it in the exact timeline placement for now in Adobe Premiere Elements, which I use to create HD Mpeg versions of the production. That way, I will need less time later to put in the music by a composer. I will need a few days to a week or so to open up both programs to open the properties of each clip and take down the exact start and end point on the time line.

IF i did this from the get go, I wouldn't have to waste time now. Also, this system will make it easier later for editing together a trailer with the music away from the main edit.

I seem to be finding smarter ways to wotk the more time I spend editing. This is one of them.

Could you not just export an XML/EDL file from Vegas and import it into Premiere? That way you'd have all your video and audio clips in exactly the same place with no work at all.

I never even though of that.

I can get it a try tonight or this week. I am burned out with Vegas crashing from the PI SFx clips and trying to resolve it. The only luck with that is render very small sections at a time.

I have to believe it could be a file format issue with what PI is rendering that is something Vegas is having a hard time digesting. PI is most likely introducing a file format different than the rest of the production media that is giving it a sour stomach as well as me from a lack of sleep.

Sony Vegas Pro can export to AVID and aaf formats only.

I'm not sure if Adobe Premiere Elements can even import a Vegas Pro project with eight layers of audio and video. Vegas Home Movie Studio cannot. It is limited to four layers of audio and video.

Back