Need a Composer - Animated SciFi Film

I need a composer that can make it sound like they've got an orchestra over their shoulder. Willing to work on percentage basis, or a low-money-down + percentage, or a low-money-down + deferred payment at distribution time + percentage... you get the idea.

It's an animated scifi feature film. It's currently in production, about 50% completed.

I've been using a scratch track for now to edit & animate the film to, and I've been picking some really strange stuff that I've got my heart set on. Wagner's "Sigfried's Funeral March." Coyt Hurtin (Jonny Quest and other Hanna Barbera anims). Henry Mancini (Touch of Evil). Wynton Marsallis style jazz. Bluegrass with harmonica. And so on.

I can send a screener DVD with the film-in-progress, or a private download link. For more information please feel free to send me a message.

It's a really challenging film, and the music for it is very, very crucial. I hate bugging people who do this for a living with a hand outstretched! Music to me is just so incredibly important and it's the one thing in the whole film craft arcana that I just can not do myself. So I have tremendous respect for the wizards in the art. Thanks very much for your consideration.

ladd@laddehlingerjr.com

Last edited:
No problem. Yeah, Composers Corner is for them to post their stuff, requests go here. Thanks

Ladd, Thanks for posting this. There is always need for someone with music talents to help score for people who are working with film. May I suggest that you post some demos to help aid in their decision to want to work with you or not.

Good Luck.

Hey King -

Yes, anyone who's interested, I've been sending out links to the first 50 minutes of the film already completed so they can get a better idea. I've actually gotten quite a few responses and will be wrapping up my decision shortly.

Back