• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Calamity - Short Film

Not bad.

I recommend you manually color correct (teal and orange is overused & doesn't suit the tone of the film), the credits at the beginning could be cut out, more of a story would be nice, and I didn't dig the framing. Although not bad :)

This is a short film I worked on a few months ago to test out the Canon 7D. It was a low-budget production. Besides the acting being poor, what do you guys think of the editing and shot choices?

http://youtu.be/2ABmepir6I4

Shot choices: The issue is the shots weren't great. Lots of out-of-focus, grainy shots but it's a test so there you go.

Editing: Hints of promise. There was no real story so nothing really to edit around but what I liked is you're trying some ideas to make something out of not a lot. That's pretty tough to do hence the effects etc... you threw in there.

It was a test so well done for shooting and cutting something together.

I'm no expert, I think it's a pretty cool short, even perhaps too short, I felt like missing out on a story here. I understand you were testing out angles and effects. I kinda share the opinions of other people here on color grading, but I also feel that this look may be something you were going for, I liked your clip overall though :)

Back