• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

"Spin" - Political Thriller Short

Spin, a short political thriller to be filmed in Detroit, Michigan is officially entering pre-production.

Concept: The message has overtaken the issue. Campaigning has degenerated a dirty game of twisted reality, blatant lies, and flagrant manipulation. Dylan Gerhardt just wants a few questions answered. No lies. No spin...and he'll go any length to get them.

Right now we're in the process of casting, and we're looking to start shooting in early October. Our current run time is looking to be around 20 minutes. We're still finalizing our budget, and might end up running a Kickstarter or Indiegogo campaign in September to cover any additional expenditures. If we do decide on a crowd-sourcing effort, we're planning on getting a bit experimental with our rewards, so it should be pretty interesting.

Updates will follow as they occur. Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Met with the casting agency today and they seem pretty genuine about how pleased they are of the script. Feels nice, considering I tend to be very skeptical of when people are complimentary; I don't like having smoke blown up my ass.

The shoot's been pushed back about a month and a half, though, towards the end of November. All-in-all it's for the best as it'll give a much greater opportunity to focus on having an even more comprehensive pre-production, so I'm actually quite relieved. In just a few weeks we'll be doing our casting call. I'm hoping to be able to convince the actors to give me half a day pro-bono before the shoot to film a proof of concept with them to fund-raise with.

Expect another update in just a little while.

Back