Wireless Video Transmitter/Reciever

Hello All!

Right now, I am editing at a local station, and they want to slip a video transmitter system for sport games into next years budget. Right now, I am browsing around and I cannot find an HDMI system which can utilize at least 4 Transmitter from one (presumably large) Receiver. What I want to do, is have four wireless transmitters (one on each camera) which can broadcast video wirelessly to one receiver. NOT for one transmitter to send wireless video to 4 receivers. We have a portable broadcasting system, which can have multiple video signals inputted into the system, for the software to switch around. We want to replace all of the wires running across the field/floor with wireless transmitters. Is their a Receiver which can have up to four Transmitter transmitting to it at one time, each with separate video outputs at the Reliever? We also require that it reaches up to 400ft LOS.

Any input on which receiver/transmitter to buy is appreciated!

The Teradek Bolt Pro 600 will work at up to 600' line of sight and comes in an HDMI model. Why would you need all four TX going to the same RX unit?

Thank you for responding!

Why would you need all four TX going to the same RX unit?

We are going to have a portable broadcasting system with us at events, such as sport games, and want to have one receiver to transmit video from our multiple cameras setup around the field to our live compiling equipment. We would like to start with a receiver that would allow us to have only one or two transmitters at first, and then be able to buy more transmitters later on, and able to use the same receiver.

Last edited:
I assume you're thinking that having one Rx and multiple Tx would be cheaper, but it won't be - at least if you want decent quality.

I'm thinking maybe you want multiple receivers but in one unit - as one receiver isn't really going to work.

Last edited:
If you're actually using this for live (or recorded) broadcast, I wouldn't want to rely solely on wireless signals. They're great when they work, but they are _not_ foolproof. Even the high dollar options regularly used on Hollywood sets have issues. If you need it to work, stick to the physical cables.

If you're actually using this for live (or recorded) broadcast, I wouldn't want to rely solely on wireless signals. They're great when they work, but they are _not_ foolproof. Even the high dollar options regularly used on Hollywood sets have issues. If you need it to work, stick to the physical cables.

Can't second this enough!!

I'm afraid you'll have to work with a TX RX set for each camera.
AFAIK, this way is more scalable, btw, than looking for a 4 channel RX (which would be very expensive to start with if it exists) and then find out that you have 1 or 2 wireless signals that aren't reliable enough.

Okay! Thank you everyone! I will talk with the head-honcho's down at the station. We might stick with 3/4 cameras being wired, and if we can find a good TX/RX unit, we can use it for the other camera (if need be).

Back