• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Edge Hill University - Commercial

Hey folks,

So we've been back around the boards for a couple weeks now and I can't say how good it is to see the community still going strong. Can't say enough how much I love this place.

Recently we were lucky enough to be asked to create the new commercial for Edge Hill University. It was a tough task but we've had such a fantastic time the past two months and I'm glad to say that it's finally launched. What we wanted to capture was the 'University experience'. High energy and fun.

You can watch the video here or, alternatively, on their website provided below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw25Svb4164

http://www.edgehill.ac.uk/walkthroughwalls

Not only that, but you can also read back and see EVERY stage of the process, from both our end and EHU on their official Tumblr page. There's also (for those who are interested) 'Behind The Scenes' snaps from on-set.

www.edge-hill-university.tumblr.com

This was a fantastic experience for us. We've learnt so much.

NOTE: You can also see ALL of our 'Behind the scenes' photos on our Facebook page - www.facebook.com/papertwinproductions

Hope you guys like it.

Cheers,
Daniel

Last edited:
I think this looks great, you've done a great job and it's cool to see some BTS shots (which are pretty much my favourite things).

So, you guys gonna come down south and shoot the Flight of the Flamingo with us? ;)

I think this looks great, you've done a great job and it's cool to see some BTS shots (which are pretty much my favourite things).

So, you guys gonna come down south and shoot the Flight of the Flamingo with us? ;)

Cheeeeers. You can't just throw out an invitation now you're nearly funded!

But seriously, we'll come down and hang-out soon. Invite us to the FOTF wrap-party already.

p.s There's more BTS to come.

Nice work, guys! I really liked it.

I see you went for the desaturated film look in your grade which looks great but a little bleak considering it's a commercial. Personally, i would've sacrificed the artistic feel (which appeals to me) and gone with a livelier, colour popping choice to which the general public responds to more.

I see you went for the desaturated film look in your grade which looks great but a little bleak considering it's a commercial. Personally, i would've sacrificed the artistic feel (which appeals to me) and gone with a livelier, colour popping choice to which the general public responds to more.

Nah, that's just England. Everything is grey over there. If anything, they probably upped the saturation. ;)

What? It rains a lot. Everybody eats fish-and-chips. And the history of rock & roll owes an incredible amount to each city. How are London and Seattle not similar?

It's way better than the Liverpool Hope one!

I was in university practicing, and got asked to come and play some piano for a film crew- I went mainly because it was a rare chance to play the steinway model D in the theatre.

The director turned up an hour late, then asked me why my shirt was crumpled and told me to buy an iron. There was another pianist there who had a friend with her, and the director said to her friend, 'Are you a pianist too?' and she said 'No, I'm going now', to which he replied 'Why? I bet you don't have anything better to do'

The rudeness just continued, so I left. The director went to thank me for 'wasting my time' and dramatically forgot my name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR25Zfzwkno

If you're wondering why it's all in slow motion, I don't know. They also used a russian arm for everything.

Last edited:
Cheers, guys.

@Wheat - We did have a good budget for this video. I can't (of course) disclose it publicly, but the University put a lot of faith in us from the very beginning to deliver the concept we promised. Music included. All was dealt with officially and to regulation regarding the music rights. The label were fantastic and we're incredibly pleased with the track.

Re: Saturation: England is to blame. The weather was madly horrific!

@Harpic - Sorry to hear about that experience. I hope it hasn't tarnished your working with filmmakers!

Thanks for watching!

Could only watch it MOS since I'm at work. Loved the visuals. The opening was probably my favorite part, the whole 'the stage is set' feeling. And the house lights coming up on the auditorium was a really cool shot.

Looks like a fun school, too. So mission accomplished.

Back