Quick Lighting Question

Nope, this kinda thing: http://www.amazon.com/Woods-82839-Tight-Grip-Clamp/dp/B000BQU6IY
The smaller plasticy ones will melt with slightly larger bulbs in them (you'll quickly learn that 60watts isn't that bright)... and these specific scoop lights have a bolted knuckle rather than the friction ones that fall apart and end up costing you more in the mid to long term.

Add some DIY barndoors to these (coollights.biz has patterns for this) and you're good to go. Most of these handle up to a 250w bulb... which is a bit more heat than normal spray paint can handle, so if you choose to paint them so they don't reflect light around the set, make sure you get a high-heat flat black paint for that.

I use the ones knightly suggested, but I got mine for around $5 here, then a $1 bulb. You can get a few of them for cheap and set them any where you want. You can put diffusers over them or leave them plain. Great for soft lighting because they can clamp onto anything almost.

I've been looking about for them clamp lights for a while that knightly suggested, but as I am in the UK I am having trouble finding them, and dont fancy how to pay the huge VAT and import fee's of buying from the US, I've find some different variations of the portable ones i posted above, they're are more or less the same, but on a telescopic stand which extends to 1.8m, would that work equally as well?

If you go to a farm supply store, you can generally find "Brooder" lights that are for providing warmth to chicken eggs... the cheaper ones are basically the same thing as clamp lights.

I have a bunch of these... they're great to work with as well, although they seem colder to me (color wise -- they're HOT!!! we used one as a heater on a shoot in the middle of winter). The smaller lights can get closer to your subject and will throw a little less light around the rest of the set, but the larger lights will get the light farther away and make less of a "hotspot" on the subject. Buy a couple of each, I guarantee you'll find times to use them.

Haha, the hotness of them has already persuaded me, gonna need something to warm up the set, save some heating bills too maybe haha. Thanks a lot, I think i'm gonna for 2 of each for now

Back