• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Some stuff I've made

Hey guys!

I'd like to share these two videos that I've made. The first one is a thing I did for a wedding with footage given to me from the bachelor party. I had no idea what to do so I made it look like a hollywood trailer-ish thing and I think it turned out pretty fun.

https://youtu.be/jLqaGLz4VOs

A little more planning went into the second one. Its a corporate film I made for a hotel. I didn't get paid for it or anything. Just wanted to try it out and get experience. Its shot with my iphone and I learned that shooting with an iphone requires really good lighting. :) Next time I will be better prepared.

https://youtu.be/x5kqAY2G8fU

Well, Im not really a filmmaker. My area of expertise is music so I'd really like to hear your thoughts on that part.

Thanks

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Hi Jaded!

Thanks for sharing your work, liked both of them, and the Hollywoodish idea is fun indeed, but its a pitty that the epic music gets over the top a bit. Wish you would also introduce a bit of space/distance to the background music, and maybe narrow the stereo field a bit, cause right from the start, the strings a too prominent (specially from left) and lacking some pleasant Hollywood style room.
-

Ah, good suggestions. By space/distance, do you mean lower the volume or giving the mix more reverb? The stereo field could def be narrowed down. I actually tried to wide it out to give the speaker voice more room in the center. Hmm.. I gotta touch up on my mixing for film skills.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Maybe a tiny bit of volume reduction, and definitely some good orchestral verb. Stereo width of an orchestra also suggests whether it is close, or further away - I guess your widening effort made it sound closer a bit. Great job though!

The first one I believe could use more fast cutting. You could give it a try and see how it works but if I'm wrong and it turns out not good you can rub it in my face. :) But other than that with you got you did it pretty well. I enjoyed the shot of the waterfall it gave me a good giggle.

Back