• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Short Action/Thriller film "PREY" (My biggest project so far)

Hey everyone! After a year of insane work, I finally finished my 20 minute Action/Thriller short film PREY. This is the biggest project I've done so far and it really means a lot to me. This forum's advice really helped a lot on making this happen, so I just wanted to thank everyone for that. So please take some time to watch it and let me know your honest opinion. Every review means the world to us.
Thanks again FOR EVERYTHING! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r8xDjqFeRQ

I don't have sound right now so I am not going to watch the whole film but you have some excellent cinematography right there !

Good job , looks very cinematic .

What lens / camera did you used ?

I don't have sound right now so I am not going to watch the whole film but you have some excellent cinematography right there !

Good job , looks very cinematic .

What lens / camera did you used ?

Thank you very much! I used a canon 550D or T2i, the lenses were the 50mm prime lens and the 18-55mm zoom kit lens, make sure to watch the whole thing when you have sound and tell me what you
think about it!

Last edited:
Some nice individual shots, liking the one of the guy running through the alleyway.

The sound lets it down - the audio is not as 'crisp' as the picture quality (which shows your cinematography is heading the right way).

I also think you should have shot this in your native language, English clearly isnt the actor's first language as some words are pronounced incorrectly, I think shooting in your native language would have been better.

Really nice camera work though.

I agree it looks really good! I can't figure what's happening in the plot though. I assume it makes sense in the native language though.

Some nice individual shots, liking the one of the guy running through the alleyway.

The sound lets it down - the audio is not as 'crisp' as the picture quality (which shows your cinematography is heading the right way).

I also think you should have shot this in your native language, English clearly isnt the actor's first language as some words are pronounced incorrectly, I think shooting in your native language would have been better.

Really nice camera work though.

Thanks for the compliment about my cinematography :)

I originally thought about doing this film in our native language, but because of the current situation of violence in my country... I thought it was a better idea to take it as far away of there as I possibly could.

So we design the story in a way that character interaction wasn't really "necessary" ( I know it is, but it was worth giving it a shot).

Also that's were we came with that "middle eastern athmosphere" which includes the characters' accents (believe it or not most of them were partly intentional). Now I see that I might have took them too far.

I agree it looks really good! I can't figure what's happening in the plot though. I assume it makes sense in the native language though.

Thanks, I'm glad you liked the look.

I originally thought about doing this film in our native language, but because of the current situation of violence in my country... I thought it was a better idea to take it as far away of there as I possibly could.

I'm honestly curious of how much you couldn't understand. Like none of it? or just a couple of words? or sentences? which part?

I didn't understand a lot of what the guy being tortured was saying for one thing. So the things he was speaking about, I could not follow, story-wise. I know it was English but it sounded like English mixed with another language.

The cinematography is really good. T2i and kit lens + 1 prime? Wow, you did well! I'd hire you as a DP. But like Bounce said, the sound isn't very crisp. Also, a bit long.

Good job though! :cool:

Back