• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch First Production

I enjoyed it! Maybe when you get into film making more you should focus on lighting and angles but this was simple and nice, well done.

I enjoyed it! Maybe when you get into film making more you should focus on lighting and angles but this was simple and nice, well done.

Thanks. Lighting was definitely an issue on the set for this. We actually had the room up to about 80 degrees with all of the lamps pointed towards the scene...lol

Do you have any tips to get some good white light in a cost efficient manner?

I thought it was funny even though I predicted the ending almost immediately.

Mind telling us what kind of camera / lens / audio mic you used?

I would recommend picking up the pase. Comedy works better when you don't linger on reaction shots and pauses between lines. Some of the editing cuts were weird, but that takes practice to get better at. Also, a little bit of color correction and grading could go a long way.

Keep it up!

I thought it was funny even though I predicted the ending almost immediately.

Mind telling us what kind of camera / lens / audio mic you used?

I would recommend picking up the pase. Comedy works better when you don't linger on reaction shots and pauses between lines. Some of the editing cuts were weird, but that takes practice to get better at. Also, a little bit of color correction and grading could go a long way.

Keep it up!

Thanks for the feedback!

The edit was a little rough, but rather than go back and fix the stuff I figured I will just take the practice into my new projects.

My equipment is a Sony HDR SR12, with a shotgun mic. For audio, I mainly capture on a Tascam DR-08. I am saving up for a better camera, but I'll have to work with what I have for now. I didn't use any additional lenses for this project, as far as lenses go I just have a nice range of wide angle to super fisheye.

You mentioned color correction, I attempted to mess with the colors as best I could, and believe me it turned out way better than the original footage, but I agree it was still a little too warm/red for me. Do you have any specific tips for how I can better color correct? Maybe a link to a helpful color corrections article? Also on the note of lenses, are there some you feel would improve the production quality of work like mine?

Thanks. I really appreciate the time you took for your feedback!

Back