• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Harry Potter and Grindelwald's Demise

Hello Indietalk forum,
We're halfway through making a short-film/feature film about Dumbledore as 19 years old.
We received 1900 pounds in support from a film distributor in Norway, which makes this a whole lot bigger than we could ever have dreamt of!

The reason to why we're doing this is because Pottermore (A site made by J.K.Rowlign herself, about fanfiction) is launched in a couple of months, and we're hoping to introduce fan fictional film, not just stories, into the world of Harry Potter. We want Harry Potter to live in films as well, not just in stories and fiction.

We've therefore released a short teaser for all of you to look at:

Here's the teaser/trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6htnZtQdkrM

Looking forward to hear from you,
Jarand

I, for one, have always said that I would love for JK Rowling to write Dumbledore's story, not 'The Life and Lies' but just his life story.

So, this short might be something I would look forward to.

Just remember, if you're going to mess with my Potter, it better be it good. :)

I, for one, have always said that I would love for JK Rowling to write Dumbledore's story, not 'The Life and Lies' but just his life story.

So, this short might be something I would look forward to.

Just remember, if you're going to mess with my Potter, it better be it good. :)

I'll keep it in mind!
Thanks btw :)
Jarand

It's an interesting idea.

I see how you're going for the desaturated and tinted look in the teaser but i think its a bit too heavy. Imo, needs to be subtle.

Neat idea.

It's a wonder you guys didn't pursue further cash incentive. "Fan films" with a huge, pre-established audience is what Crowdfunding was made for. (It wasn't actually made for that, but Fan-films always do well)

I'm a Harry Potter fan, so it's refreshing to see.

Best of luck.

I thought the film looked real good. I was really impressed. I was not sure if the subtitles were needed the whole time but other than that it was pretty cool. I am sure the subtitles were needed at some points where it is hard to understand the actors other than that not sure why you need them.

You did a great job making this very much like some of the Harry Potter films. I may have to watch it one more time to fully get the film though. It sorta came together at the end to make some sense. I may need to watch again to fullly get it.

Some of the footage you did was really great. I like the hellicopter shot. You really did a good job with this short. I can imagine how much better you would do with a real budget and more time. Great job again.

The special effects were really well done too.

I thought the film looked real good. I was really impressed. I was not sure if the subtitles were needed the whole time but other than that it was pretty cool. I am sure the subtitles were needed at some points where it is hard to understand the actors other than that not sure why you need them.

You did a great job making this very much like some of the Harry Potter films. I may have to watch it one more time to fully get the film though. It sorta came together at the end to make some sense. I may need to watch again to fullly get it.

Some of the footage you did was really great. I like the hellicopter shot. You really did a good job with this short. I can imagine how much better you would do with a real budget and more time. Great job again.

The special effects were really well done too.

Wow thank you!
I appreciate these longer comments ;) It helps me develop in filmmaking!

Thanks!
JARANDandJENS

Great work for capturing that Harry Potter feel, quite dark and gloomy, much of the photography did seem to pretty similar to the films so well done in that! As rockstar said, the helicopter shots looked magnificent.

One or two points of criticism though, during some of the moving dialogue scenes the camera work was a bit too shaky, and having the subtitles at the same time it was quite difficult to focus and actually see what was going on. Another thing I found was that the music was a bit too loud in some parts and unneeded. Such as the scene at around 5 minutes and again at between 6-7 mintues, the music was too loud and you cant properly hear the dialogue. Overall the music does give a good effect, but there are times I think that it would just be better to be able to listen to the characters rather than the music over shadowing that.

Other than that, really good work and looking forward to seeing more!

Back