NEW SCI-FI VFX SHORT HITS CRIME + TECHNOLOGY IN 2023

I wanted to share a cool sci-fi, VFX heavy film I worked on called Plurality.
We shot it for no money, with a couple friends over a year and a half.

It takes place in 2023 NYC, where the WTC1/Freedom Tower houses THE GRID, a city-wide system that tracks all of your movements to reduce crime. The film confronts the issues of privacy and surveillance for the sake of safety.

Plurality Movie Link:
http://youtu.be/IzryBRPwsog

Please let me know what you think! Share with friends on blogs & twitter! Would mean a lot! It's been a long time coming.

Stunning! Easily one of the best short films i've ever watched. The storyline was brilliant and the execution was superb. Some of the camera angles I thought didn't match the overall feel but the story and quality made up for it. Great job!

Enjoyed that. Nice job on the graphics and I got a good chuckle out of the reworked "pane of glass across the sidewalk" trope you tossed in. Like DeJager, I saw some technical/technique moments that I would have done differently, but also so other moments I thought worked very well.

Hope you're writing more - I'd watch this as a serial.

I have trouble believing that you guys made that movie with no budget. If that was truly a low/no/zero budget flick, you have got to post a breakdown of how you managed to make it look so good. I like the story and would watch that as a feature. I don't see how you could do it as a series and release new episodes regularly without a significant budget behind the project. Good luck to you guys on developing it further.

i liked it, however two things gripped me:
1. 2 years for 15 minutes is way too long, im presuming that you didnt spend all your time on it?
2. when you say no money, exactly how much is that? because i agree with lucky hardwood, its difficult to believe you did this with no budget?

i liked it, however two things gripped me:
1. 2 years for 15 minutes is way too long, im presuming that you didnt spend all your time on it?
2. when you say no money, exactly how much is that? because i agree with lucky hardwood, its difficult to believe you did this with no budget?

Its not surprising that it took that long. They probably have jobs too that keep them from workin on it everyday so of course its gonna take that long. And the no budget thing I agree on somewhat. Other than that, kudos guys. Great job on everything :)

Very good, I enjoyed it. Colour was a bit too pale blue for my taste but that's not very important because everything is very well done.

alright, i wasn't gonna watch it, based on the duration, but the other commenters made me wanna watch it.

I'll be back with a reply.

it was good... don't see why noone believed it had no budget. But technically, if you count the money spent on camera, mics, lights, and editing/fx software (which can be pirated, saving even more money) then you do have a budget, even if you bought that stuff years before.

Back