• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

My Review of the Filmcity FC-03

Be warned, I've had this rig for a little while and have used it on a few shoots. It's good, especially for the price but it's starting fall apart on me, and I am very careful with all my gear.

Just last week during a shoot the rig suddenly(no idea how) lost the ability to lock the quick release plate into place. It now just slides about Don't know how this happened as looking at the pieces they all seem normal, it just wont lock the plate into place anymore. I had to gaffer tape the camera into place so I could get the shots I wanted.

It's now a bit useless and I'm gonna have to replace the quick release plate system, this time with something that is made of metal, not plastic. The filmcity quick release plate system is cheap enough to buy again, but the fact that it's plastic just means that it will most likely eventually bite the dust with lots of use.

Apart from that it's served me well. Although it's a bit annoying how tight it is to get the rails into the holes sometimes. But you get what you pay for.

The rest of the rig is fine, so hopefully i'll have no problem connecting a different quick release system to it.

Back