Help with Uploading/Sharing

Ok. I finished my first short film, now I want to share it with actors, crew, etc via email. It is 2.35gb and in quicktime movie format. People I worked with requested files to add to reels, etc.

So what would be the best approach for sharing? Dropbox and many others only allow 100mb uploading, and I tried FileDropper but didn't have any luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need to send this out quickly. Thanks!

thanks, but both of these only allow 250mb and 300mb upload at a time....and I'm not sure how to split up my file/nor want to have it in two parts.

Any other suggestions?

You can easily use 7-Zip to split files into chunks, and recombine.

Why not just recompress your QT file into something more manageable?

Or upload it to Vimeo, and turn on the option that allows viewers to download it?

This idea might be really out there, but have you considered burning some DVD's and mailing them to those who were promised a copy?

Sweeties idea is a good one.

Though a short film should easily compress in high quality to a much smaller file size. If you're on a PC try mpeg2 or h.264. The people previewing it and using for their reels don't always need the highest quality file anyway. Even try copying to a USB to lend to them?

Also pretty sure Dropbox doesn't have a file size limit, at least it's much higher than 100mb. I share many videos on Dropbox, I've shared up to a 1.8gb file on Dropbox before. Even though Dropbox only comes with 2gb I think free, I've gained a few more gbs just from sharing the link via twitter or other random little tasks.

I think I'm just gonna do the Vimeo Plus thing and make it downloadable. Tried burning disc but too much loss of quality.

thanks guys!

I meant, burn the file to disk, not author a DVD. You won't lose quality that way.

Plus 2gig+ for a short (I didn't notice it was a short, I just assumed since its 2gig+ it was a feature length). I'd learn to encode it with some right settings. h.264 is the current goldenboy these days when it comes to encoding. Not everyone appreciates a 2gig file for a 10min short (or however long it is).

I think I'm just gonna do the Vimeo Plus thing and make it downloadable. Tried burning disc but too much loss of quality.

thanks guys!

Vimeo will compress it anyway I'm pretty sure, and isn't the pro limit still 2gb or some thing?

Again, I think you seriously need to try re encoding with some different settings

Back