Copying RAW date between photos

Does anyone know how to copy the RAW data of one photo to another in a really quick way for a couple of hundred photos in Photoshop or Lightroom? (I have the latest of both). I have next to no experience at Lightroom, but considerable experience at photoshop and an average level of RAW knowledge.

I've done a timelapse and I've been told editing the RAW files is best (and I know how to do this in photoshop) but I don't want to do this for several hundred photos. Can After Effects import RAW imagery? Or is there a way in photoshop or lightroom to export photos as a sequence in a video.

Thanks, Brendan

If you're using DPP, you get one image just how you want it.

Then close it, and right-click the icon to get the "Copy Recipe" command.

Copy Recipe, and then ctrl-A to highlight all the RAW images in that folder.

Right-click to Paste Recipe, and all of your adjustments will be applied to everything that was selected.

_________

Then you can File >> Batch Process to resize everything to 1920x1080 (uncheck the dimension box) and import the final resized JPGs into your NLE or AEFX or whatever.

You're welcome.
smiley_tiphat.gif

Oops... Oh yeah, I forgot. Any idea if I can do this without using their program, maybe within PS or LR as I'm more familiar with the workflow?

If not I suppose I'll just use 'DPP' :P

It works... but I don't have as many RAW editing options as I do in Photoshop. Could I edit the RAW details of one in Photoshop then come over to DPP and do the copy recipe?

I guess it's worth a try...

Just for anybody else who may stumble across this thread. I did figure out how to do this in Photoshop, thanks to the help of someone in another thread. It's called batch processing and a simple Google search will get you some good tutorials for it

Back