• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Dark Revelation (Short Film)

Please enjoy this new short film we worked on and finished in 24 hours. It was hard making it but we got it done. This was submitted for JJ abrams and Steven Spielbergs Super 8 film contest. Any feedback would be great! Please let us know what you think!
-----------------------------------------------
We do realize lighting was not on point but for a 24 hour deadline we werent complaining how it came out.

Subscribe!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srdNG0Om0AI&feature=channel_video_title

Last edited:
For a 24 hour project -- it's very good. That said, I have no idea what the allure is of making films on such short deadlines. In the final viewing, no one cares how fast you did it, only if it's good.

The cinematography was a bit dark on the interiors. I would recommend more fill light in those very dark bedrooms, just to keep some detail in the shadows. You can always darken it further in post.

The music is what killed it for me though. It seems stolen from some other film or something, and not entirely appropriate for the story.

I liked the concept though, and I think with more time and attention to a script it could be done better.

Thank you for your post. We had such a short deadline due to the fact that we were entering a short film contest that JJ abrams and Steven Spielberg were holding, and had just figured out that the due date was about 2 days from when we read it. One of the rules of the competition was that you had to use audio only supplied from their new move Super 8. We found the time and listened to all 20-30 of them and decided that the only ones that fit our story were the sounds used. If it was up to me i would have just composed my own score using video copilots pro scores or something along those lines. Horrible lighting issues were due to the fact that we were racing against the clock + the fact that all of this was filmed during the day (Even the bedroom night time scenes) So thank you everyone for giving me the opportunity to become a better film maker from all the great feedback. Keep it coming and please if you guys don't mind subscribing and supporting me in the future. I see great opportunity coming from this forum.

Thanks again,
TV all Greasy Films

I enjoyed it. As stated above, the lighting was a bit dark. It really looked like there was no lighting. And I thought the music was from Pan's Labyrinth.:)

Back