• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

An indiegogo campaign to help out a small video production business...

Hello fellow video makers, my name is Jesse Angell, and I'm in need of your help. I'm doing an indiegogo crowdfunding campaign so that I can finally get the equipment needed to give my tiny video production business a jumpstart that will take it to the next level.

I love every bit and detail regarding the production of any motion picture, and in today´s digital age, where tools of professional grade are available for the average consumer, dreams are bound to be fulfilled. However, not everyone is in the average consumer group when it comes to affordability, for this reason I'm asking for your help, by contributing to the campaign through donations, facebook shares or advice that you believe will help me get closer to my goal.

I know I'm a long ways from reaching it, and little time remaining, but even if I reach 50% of the original goal, I'll still have enough to get the most important assets and thus be able to move on from there.

Beyond helping a small business grow, I also intend to devote time to artistic filmmaking, which is my end goal. In fact, some of the perks on the campaign are intended for a group of people to outsource a short film idea, or an aspect of it, such as editing.

Here is the link to the campaign:
http://igg.me/p/862652/x/8166297

Again, thank you for your support, comments and contributions.
Yours truly,
J.I. Angell

Good luck. It's a tough crowd to get donations here. They're all poor. You might find rich people are more in a position to help finance your endeavors.

so that I can finally get the equipment needed

That's a fundraising no-no right there. We all love cool gear. Especially if someone else pays for it.

You should have at least showed us how you've come up with the gear $$ yourself prior to the campaign. If you can't even make a $$$ commitment yourself, we've no clue what kind of filmmaker you'll be -- blow it all on gear or wisely and frugally make use of acceptable equipment to allow a budget for actual completion of your film.

Work on your plan "b" now. This campaign is doomed.

One month in the campaign and you raised $200,- of your $15.000,- goal.

Crowdfunding for gear is indeed doomed.
Like GA says: we all love gear, especially if someone else i paying for it.

It's not the gear, it's your understanding of promoting your buiness that needs to be upgraded.

You bought a camera 9 months ago and expect the fried chickens to fly to your mouth?

You need to work on your network and communication skills to land assignments.
Your clients don't know what 4K means (at least most of them), they want a good video.
Rent what you need and bill your clients for it, untill you are sure you can invest in it and that it will have a return on investment.

A couple things, #1 I'm just going to echo the other posters and say that it's bad form to crowdfund to buy equipment. If your business needs capital, use the profits of said business to do that. If you're not getting enough business to buy equipment, your problem isn't your gear, it's your marketing, networking, and possibly reputation.

Warning: tough love ahead:
#2 and most importantly, why would I give money to support a video production company that can't even produce a video for it's own crowdfunding campaign?!

+1 to Dready's comment.

I feel like if you had some really good rewards for backers, like doing some editing work for them for cheap, then you'd have a better chance

Back