Looking for Agents

Hello,

I have finished, proof read and polished a full-length feature screenplay and I am now looking for an agent to represent me. However, I need to first build up a list of SUITABLE agents. My stories tend to deal with feature length and also traditional animation but I believe the main part is feature length screenplays. I am looking specifically for Agents who deal with America, Canadia and Asia. Does anybody know of any suitable agents (Expecially from past experience) and if so can they list them to me? I am based in UK but more than happy for agents abroad to broaden my chances.

The reason I am asking is because whilst I have been searching for my own agents, two have got back to me but one is not recommended on "Predators and Editors" and the other charges in advance which I believe is wrong.

Thank you very much and hopefully you guys can help me.

Carl

Last edited:
Most agents want several screenplays finished or close to being finished. Sometimes when you meet with a producer they might not be interested in the one your pitching but want to know of others that you might have. Agents want a stream of revenue and several screenplays might indicate a potential.

The old chicken or the egg story. You want a good agent that can get you a pay day, the good agents want proof that you've already brought in a good pay day so they can get their cut.

I have no advice for you other than to consider that perspective.

Hello,

I have finished, proof read and polished a full-length feature screenplay and I am now looking for an agent to represent me. However, I need to first build up a list of SUITABLE agents. My stories tend to deal with feature length and also traditional animation but I believe the main part is feature length screenplays. I am looking specifically for Agents who deal with America, Canadia and Asia. Does anybody know of any suitable agents (Expecially from past experience) and if so can they list them to me? I am based in UK but more than happy for agents abroad to broaden my chances.

The reason I am asking is because whilst I have been searching for my own agents, two have got back to me but one is not recommended on "Predators and Editors" and the other charges in advance which I believe is wrong.

Thank you very much and hopefully you guys can help me.

Carl

Can I just bump this thread because I'm interesting as well in the same thing, although I haven't finished my feature-length script, I'm thinking ahead to when I have done a final draft and need to get an agent to show some interest in it.

Yup, it's the usual Catch-22. Many prodcos and studios won't read a script unless it's offered by an agent or manager they trust from past experience. Most good agents won't touch you unless you've got a proven record of produced scripts that have been financially successful.

How do you break the vicious circle? Keep writing, keep getting your writing out there the best you can, word of mouth, contests, submissions. Eventually, an agent looking for a particular kind of script for a client will ask another agent. A light goes off in the second agent's head. "Yeah, I read a script a while back that'd be perfect for you. I couldn't use it at the time and the writer didn't have much of a CV, but I'll send you a copy."

So it goes.

Back