A good shot gun mic for film making..?

What Mic?

Hello everyone!!!
i just ventured the market for good shot mikes for film making.
Actually they didnt have much of variety, or atleast what i wanted.
One of the shop keeper was saying that Sennheiser ME64 is good mike. Please can anyone give me suggestions...please???

hi,

Which of these models is the best?
1-Audio-Technica AT835b
2-Audio-Technica AT8035
3- Audio- Technica AT897
By the way, i will be using it for short and features, both indoor and outdoor.

And i am going to purchase it from this site>http://www.expandore.com/
Because other main sites, like amazon and others, dont sell any shot gun mics to my country.
I just wanted to know is this company reliable.

Thanks in Advance,
Brohi

Sennheiser is one fo the best, if not the best. Not sure of the model number you posted.

Stennheiser is good (could be the best?), but Audio Technica are good as well.

Audio Technica have dropped in price at Amazon...half price. It depends on your hook ups, but take a look at it if you've got a tight budget. I've been using an Azden, with pretty good results.

Chris

Sennheiser (sp) is one of the best microphones you can buy. Go to www.bhphotovideo.com to look at good shotgun microphones.

I couldn't afford a Sennheiser, so I got an AudioTechnica shotgun mic. I like it but I found out afterwards that you might be able to find a Sennheiser in the same price range.

By the way...

I always like it when I can figure out for myself why one product is better than another. So here's my personal observation of both Sennheiser and AudioTechnica Mics.

First of all, they are both pretty good. The AudioTechnica mics are less expensive, but they do a pretty good job. The Sennheiser is worth the money you pay for it, however. I videotaped a band a few months ago with my AT shotgun. The same event was also being taped by a friend of mine who has a recording studio, he used the Sennheiser.

The difference is: my AudioTechnica softened (dampend?) the sound a little, taking the edge off of the bad notes that some of the singers were hitting. My friends Sennheiser picked up every clinker the lead vocals hit. Oddly enough, right now, I am appreciating the softer delivery because it slightly takes the edge of the bad note my singers hit, not quite enough to hide it, but just alittle. I can't fix a singers bad note, so maybe I can make it less noticeable. Plus the sound on the AudioTechnica really is pretty good.

I will say, however, when I am in the market for another shotgun, I will most likely go Sennheiser....

-- spinner :cool:

One of the big things you have to look at when buying a microphone is the pattern that the mic will pick up. Regardless of the brand, some models will have a very narrow and directional pattern, while others are wider and will pick up more without having to angle the mic constantly.

If you can afford to have both, it's a good idea. However, you're probably going to want to have a fairly wide pattern for your first mic.

Back