Film Festivals Receptive To Longer Short Drama Films?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could suggest film festivals that are more receptive to longer (> 20mins) live-action drama films?

I know most film festivals say they are open to short films up to 45 minutes in length, but in reality, most prefer short films under 15 minutes in length.

Any suggestion would greatly be appreciated.

:welcome:

One way you can tell, is look over their programming. ;) Check the sites, and the length of films in the shorts programs from last season. I realize you are asking for suggestions, but this would be good due diligence, even though it would take time.

hah I guess other festivals' requirements are too tight, so it's hard for longer stuff to get in.
(Un?)fortunately my stuff has never been rejected because it was too long.
I think it was mostly cuz what I did put them to sleep.

Don't forget to look for places with no submission fees.
It's always nice when you can get something in without being charged.

We have often cut multiple versions of our films to accommodate various film festival length requirements. Our latest film "Tattletale Corpse" has three different versions. One is 67 minutes,("Tattletale Corpse"), one is 15 minutes, ("Goodbye Again"), and one is 5 minutes. ("I'll Wait for You"). The shorts are accepted as "Official Selections" more often than the feature.

Back