New Composer Offering Free Music

I have been writing music for years and just recently decided to finally jump into composing for films wich has been an aspiration of mine for quite awhile now. Right now I am working on my first composition for a short independent film but have nothing else going on, so if you are interested in free music for your film please let me know. I really need the experience and I am very passionate about what I do and very dedicated to the projects I take on. Here is a link to some of my work
http://www.soundclick.com/artist/0/mattpauler_music.htm
I just set that up so if its not working for some reason try this:
http://home.ripway.com/2005-7/358814/

If any composer out there and film makers could offer me any advice that would be great also. This forum definately seems like a very welcoming place.

Last edited:
Hey Skankis...

Welcome to the boards! Thanks for sharing your work with us. You got a really good sound and the samples you put up all worked for me. Thanks again for sharing. ;)

Sounds very good Matt. Ive been looking for this kind of stuff for awhile in thinking of a future project.. maybe with something slightly more melodical and a tiny bit slower tempo)?

Most definately! I am 90% confident that I can produce something that will suffice your musical needs. If you want to give me some more direction on where you would like the music to go or what the movie is about I can come up with something, then you can guide me to where you may like it to go if need be. I would really love to chat or maybe you can e-mail me some kind of script or whatever material you have that I can go off of. Let me know what you think. My e-mail: stevebucketsnatch@hotmail.com
My aim: skankis2

Matt I will add you to my contacts for sure, just as an FYI this is a project after my current one which may not go into production until 2006. I like the beats/style you are using and it would work perfectly with what I'm doing. As I get closer to production I will contact you :) Oh and surely I would let you know kind of what I want but then could send you the scoring scenes so you know what we're looking at once we're a bit through editing.

do you have video you want me to write music to? I'm still offering my music for free and just looking for tons of experience

'sup, good Skankis :cool:

Are you good under pressure?

IndieTalk is underway for Round #4 of its filmmaking challenge... and "Best Original Score" is one of the awards.

You might want to get ahold of the entrants so far... or post a hello in the thread, at any rate. :)

ITOOFC #4 Thread

There's also the blowhard thread for the same film challenge... where people thump their chests about how good they are.

That same thread has a fairly accurate list of people competing... and I'd wager dollars to doughnuts that some of them need a composer/musician. :yes:

Time to take the bulls by the horn?

Get ahold of them, make yourself known there... and possibly win an official award (and a prize of dubious value) for Best Score in the process.

;)

Back