Composer Available for Your Project

Hi Barry

yesterday I've sent to you this message attaching the video file on your yahoo address, but I'm not sure it went through, the attachment was quite big. Please let me know if you received it, now you can download it from here

http://mio.discoremoto.virgilio.it/massimiliamo/

tick the box for The Cure - Trailer and then click on "scarica" (download). Looking forward to hearing from you

Hi Barry,

this is the edited trailer. It's as planned 45 second long. You should be able to open it automatically or through Windows Media Player, I know the quality won't be great but I hope it's enough, if you have any questions email me.

I would like a kind of classical soundtrack to it, quoting how the silent movie music was, mostly piano with flute, horns and full orchestra when needed (the first two often for funny noise-like comments on the action). I'd like also sound fx to be inserted but not too many, as in the old days there weren't any. The one I feel is needed is the typewriter noise when the text starts to appear on screen (by the way, that is a real telegramme Chaplin received reading something like "Decided to take legal actions against you for the intense pain caused by excessive hilarity. We saw The Cure"). I leave the rest to you but if you need more directions I will be happy to give you more. I just feel is best for you to experiment, I leave it to you if you want to give me a written description first or you prefer to send me something straight away. Sound files would be best received by me as uncompressed .wav files.

The festival is a silent movie festival with live accompaniment, with scores composed by young musicians from Italy and I believe some from Belgium as well. It is held in Aosta, beautiful little city nested in the mountains very close to France (hence the bilingual website). It's done together with a masterclass of composing music for film, so it's all about the importance of music in films, and in this context there is also what we are doing. The jury has some (locally) big names in it, and it should be lots of fun. The top three trailer makers will be hosted in Aosta for free during the festival, and the very first will receive a small cash prize. Our work needs to be completed by the 17th. What else? Mmmh, that's it for the moment....

All the best,

Max

Back