Making a short film shot on 16mm?

Hi,

I know hardly anything about shooting on film, but I might be willing to hire someone who knows how to for a short film (2-5 min).

I'm wondering if someone could give me some insight on this, for example how much money it would cost including buying the film and getting someone to shoot it and getting it digitized. It could possibly be shot silent and I could put in music and sound effects after it has been digitized.

If I found someone who knows what they're doing, could I expect good quality after it has been digitized?

Thanks.

I used to do Super8 films and it was a great experience, although not cheap. The price was around 14-15 euros per minute, I used Tri-X film and shot in 18fps.

Bauer 107XL was the camera and I bought that from Ebay.de around 30 euros:)

It was a great learning curve and it really did teach me about how to create short movies, how to write silent movie scripts etc.

But if you compare the film production to current HD-times, it is like night and day. When I used super8 I was able to see the finished product about 2 months later after it was done. First the development process and then to DVD, before I was finally able to see the results.

Back