$167: 4 day rental of 5D MkII?

I've been looking into renting a 5D MkII for a short film shoot, and this website seems to have a fairly attractive offer.

I'm wondering if you guys think $167 is reasonable for a four-day rental (especially since I plan on only filming two days), or if you guys have an superior alternative options. Also, if you have any leads in Seattle, Washington, that would be absolutely welcome as well!

http://www.lensprotogo.com/product/canon-5d-ii/

Oh, don't forget shipping too... Still, great price.

I also haven't been to borrowlenses.com or lensrentals.com. Maye process have gone down all over. They both have a 3-day rental period.

Rental prices vary a lot so it's a good practice to check all around to get a good idea of what the general market price is at the moment.

I just checked borrowlenses and they have the 5d mkii (body only) going for $160 for a week. Its due back on saturday.
Your cost will go up though with insurance (which one should def get) and shipping. Still a good deal though.

I've been looking into renting a 5D MkII for a short film shoot, and this website seems to have a fairly attractive offer.

I'm wondering if you guys think $167 is reasonable for a four-day rental (especially since I plan on only filming two days), or if you guys have an superior alternative options. Also, if you have any leads in Seattle, Washington, that would be absolutely welcome as well!

http://www.lensprotogo.com/product/canon-5d-ii/

Seems about right for the online rental joints; borrowlenses price is about the same. You do get the body ala carte and have to package it up with theirs.

I've been happy to see how cheap 7Ds are to rent. Now that I'm doing some commercial/industrial stuff I need that 60 fps for slo mo or sometimes or need a second or third cam. Here locally you can rent a 7D with two batteries and a charger for $50 a day.

Though not to go off topic, anybody who says the image from a 7D is as good as a 5D needs to edit some footage from the two side by side, no comparison.

Back