free music-elements + available for exclusive music

Hello all....my name is Patrick James and this is my first post on indietalk (ghosting the site for a bit!..cool stuff here)...I am part of a network of freelance sound designers, musicians, and composers called Crystal Plumage Music. We have members in San Francisco, Florida, New York, and Pennsylvania. I invite you all to check out our site at www.crystalplumagemusic.com
Our site is broken into sections and the atmospheres, orchestral, dark floors and beds, and aggressive tracks. We have a download page of tracks readily available as mp3 downloads for non-exclusive use in exchange for a production credit. You can audition the samples on their respective pages then download them for use. Drop us a line at pm me, or just post right here in the boards to discuss.
We are always looking to provide exclusive tracks, elements, underscores (some can be heard on our archives pageof past productions) We've been heavily involved in the atmospheric horror/thriller underscores and trailer elements genres. (Yeah, alot of dissonance abounds!) for the past year and a half.
Thanks for checking us out and we look forward to hearing from you all

PJ

Last edited:
Welcome :hi:

If I may make a suggestion, you might want to offer alternatives to real media encoded stuff like wma or even a low bitrate mp3 because I'm sure there are a lot of people like me who dont want to install real player or whatever its called now.

Hey Wideshot....your right we have gotten this request before regarding real media....you know we where dicussing this just this evening about moving everything to mp3's that's currently on our site and putting up a decent bitrate so you can get a better idea of what it really sounds like. It will probably start being ported over sometime this week and we will be dumping the real media format in favor of mp3's.
Fun indeed!
Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome

I had a listen ... loved "yellow and red" in the orchestral section. At least I think that's what it was called ...

I've bookmark the page. I'd be interested in hearing more about what your ambitions are ... what you're most interested in achieving.

That way if the right project came up I'd know to come to you with it.

Clive,
Thanks for checking the tracks out and for the welcome! I sent you a PM regarding your questions.
Talk to you
PJ

Hi CP.

Good stuff on the site. As a matter of fact I just shot for an entry in the Fox fire 1.5 contest. I'll listen to them and see if I can find something, but since it's a contest with a 30 second short, there's not going to be credit to give. Will that be a no go?

Chris

P.S. Welcome to the site!

Thanks for the reply Goldfish!

Hello all, I wanted to update everyone (2/2/07) on my status with The Crystal Plumage and the corresponding website. A co-writer and myself have both taken on house scoring jobs for a library and are no longer in affiliation with The Plumage. I do not know if the remaining members will keep the website updated and online. That remains to be seen. Regardless, I thank everyone in the community for all the contacts I made here and knowledge gained! Now it's back to writing!
Pj

Last edited:
Hello all, haven't been here in a bit!, we've been writing up the wazoo and I wanted to let you all know we teamed up with a new group called The White Noise out of Seattle and recently merrily uploaded a download page of non-exclusive tracks ready to go into productions. The tracks are full rate mp3's that you can download and use in exchange for a production credit. You can check out the tracks in there respective genre's page and then get the mp3 of those available for use at the download page. We also have a master use agreement and a sync license right on the page for downloading and use. We've also been emailing and snail mailing master and sync agreements open request. We'll be active in uploading a boat load of new tracks, elements, and the like to the download page and are in the works to port the entire website to mp3! (Yeah we are still getting around to it!) I invite you all to check out the download page and perhaps find something you can use in your films, website, trailers, you name it. Thanks again for all your response and I look forward to hearing from you all through pm's, email, or hit us up right here on the boards.
Patrick James
AFF:BMI

Last edited:
Back