• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch I'll Be Home For Christmas - Music Video

Hey all,

I just recorded this video/song and was hoping I could get some feedback. The video is not intended to be like a "professional" music video. That is, I didn't do any special lighting or set up or writing for this video. But I can't think of a better term for it. Perhaps a cross between "YouTube video" and "music video" :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq7wv0lIXT4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq7wv0lIXT4

Here's my honest opinion. There's nothing perfect in this video, the vocal isn't, neither is the guitar playing or the video. However from the video, I get you're rather young. In which case, this is excellent. At your age, I couldn't do anything like this. You have a great voice. Your guitar playing is outstanding, and the video work is pretty good. If I had done this, I'd send it to all my friends as a Christmas Present.

Great job.

You could make good bucks playing at events, for sure, if that's representative of your overall material. :cool:

The video itself is not a mind-blowing experience, but tbh is quite better than what you'll find on most sample pages of event-performers. Is that what it's for?

Merry Christmas, dude.

Thanks for the comments, all. ussinners, I'm not John Mayer I guess...but maybe someday :D. I'm 19 by the way...I don't know if you thought I was younger or older or if that impacts your opinion :P Zensteve, thanks for the comments. The video is not really a "sample" video, it's just something I put together for the heck of it. I know that it's not mind-blowing, I wasn't going for that. But I was hoping it would not be terrible, so I guess I achieved my goal :P

Thanks for the comments, all. ussinners, I'm not John Mayer I guess...but maybe someday :D. I'm 19 by the way...I don't know if you thought I was younger or older or if that impacts your opinion :P Zensteve, thanks for the comments. The video is not really a "sample" video, it's just something I put together for the heck of it. I know that it's not mind-blowing, I wasn't going for that. But I was hoping it would not be terrible, so I guess I achieved my goal :P

That's about how old I thought you were. You can't be perfect at that age, don't even try. But, you have all the necessary talents. Oh, and don't go for Mayer he blows (sorry).

That's about how old I thought you were. You can't be perfect at that age, don't even try. But, you have all the necessary talents. Oh, and don't go for Mayer he blows (sorry).

Well that's your opinion. But rather or not you enjoy his music, he is one of the best modern day musicians I've seen. And he's currently my favorite musician :P In any case, that's off topic. I'm glad you liked the music and the video :)

Here's my honest opinion. There's nothing perfect in this video, the vocal isn't, neither is the guitar playing or the video. However from the video, I get you're rather young. In which case, this is excellent. At your age, I couldn't do anything like this. You have a great voice. Your guitar playing is outstanding, and the video work is pretty good. If I had done this, I'd send it to all my friends as a Christmas Present.

Great job.

Lol. This comment kind of confused me. At first you start off saying "the video aint perfect, and neither are the vocals or the guitar playing.

Then you say- "great voice, outstanding playing, and video work is pretty good"

Personally I liked it a lot it.

Lol. This comment kind of confused me. At first you start off saying "the video aint perfect, and neither are the vocals or the guitar playing.

Then you say- "great voice, outstanding playing, and video work is pretty good"

Personally I liked it a lot it.

Perfection is a long way from good.

I'm not striving for perfection. Every guitarist and/or vocalist I've ever heard has made mistakes and most certainly is not perfect. If you want to pick a standard to hold me to, please don't pick perfection. :P The Esteban comment made me laugh. Perhaps not so ironically, my uncle upon hearing me play has made one a few Esteban jokes.

Thanks for the additional comments, everyone. They're very helpful and inspire me to keep going :)

I'm not striving for perfection. Every guitarist and/or vocalist I've ever heard has made mistakes and most certainly is not perfect. If you want to pick a standard to hold me to, please don't pick perfection. :P The Esteban comment made me laugh. Perhaps not so ironically, my uncle upon hearing me play has made one a few Esteban jokes.

Thanks for the additional comments, everyone. They're very helpful and inspire me to keep going :)

I'm glad I made you laugh.:)

Back