• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Zooppa - 'The Detroit Lions Movie' video contest;$17k in prizes!

The Detroit Lions and Bombo Sports & Entertainment have partnered to create the world’s first ‘social’ sports documentary. The Season of Your Life combines the award-winning cinematography of NFL Films and behind the-scenes team access, with user-generated footage and the storytelling power of Bombo Sports & Entertainment, to capture not just the story of the 2012 Detroit Lions season, but the experience of being a Lions fan.

The television landscape is littered with pre-game and halftime pieces about crazy fans, and broadcasts are peppered with shots of the most animated. The Season of Your Life: The Detroit Lions Movie goes far beyond this to create a film not about the Lions and their fans, but ‘of’ them. More than that, it is as much an event as it is a film.

Your Mission
Create up to 4-minute video capturing the experience of being a Lions fan. Go beyond the face paint and guttural yells to develop a character and portray, explain or understand their passion for the Lions.

Your video must treat one of the 5 themes (you may submit separate entries for each theme):
1. Roots – How and when did you become a Lions fan? Why do you stay a Lions fan? Who has impacted your fandom the most? Who do you affect the most? (emotional touchstones and tributes to family and loved ones)
2. Rules and Rituals – How do you root for the Lions? (I watch alone, I watch with friends, at home at a bar, at Ford Field, I travel, I cook, I wear my lucky sox, I always…I never…)
3. I Gotta Be Me (wardrobe, body art, what makes you unique from other Lions fans)
4. Thanksgiving Day (your personal history and memories of the Lions on Thanksgiving Day. A Lions Christmas past and present(s))
5. Catharsis (Capture the highs and/or lows of Lions fandom. How high is high? How low is low?)

Prizes
First, Second and Third Place prizes will be awarded in each category (Roots, Rules and Rituals, I Gotta Be Me, Thanksgiving Day, and Catharsis) for a total of 15 winning videos.

Prizes in Each Category
First Place - $2000
Second Place - $1000
Third Place - $500

Click here for more information.

Back