favorite Favorite Quotes

Derek Zoolander: What? Are you here to tell me what a bad eugoogoolizer I am?
Matilda: A what?
Derek Zoolander: A eugoogoolizer... you know one who speaks at funerals.
[Matilda looks at Derek confused]
Derek Zoolander: Or did you think I was too stupid to know what a eugoogooly was?
Derek Zoolander: Pretty soon, they'll be reading *our* eugoogaly!
Matilda: I became...
Hansel: What?
Matilda: Bulimic.
Derek Zoolander: You can read minds?

A Resurrected Thread!

"Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?" -- Pulp Fiction

"How do you shoot the devil in the back? What if you miss?"
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was to convince the world he didn't exist," --The Ususal Suspects

"You ain't gonna catch no crackhead," -- Friday

"That really was a Hattori Hanzo sword," -- Kill Bill

"Hey, I've changed my mind, shoot this piece of shit,"
"You kids shouldn't play so rough, somebody's gonna start cryin'" --Reservoir Dogs

....and a new one!

"That ain't no Etch-A-Sketch, This is one doodle that can't be un-did, homeskillet," --Juno

-- spinner :cool:

How about "Let's get out of here!". Oh wait, that's in every movie.

There's a great scene in "Laura" (1944) where snotty Clifton Webb admonishes hard boiled detective Dana Andrews for his apparent crush on the dead Gene Tierney: "I'm surprised you don't come here with flowers and candy...drugstore candy of course".

One I use frequently is from "Secret Life of an American Wife" (1968). Pampered movie star Walter Matthau is exasperated when none of the amenities he demands are in his hotel room: "Where's my piano? Where's my hi-fi? How can someone who asks so little and gives so much be treated in this cavalier fashion?"

SOB (1981) was full of great quotes too. William Holden gets off the phone with a film exec and says "Whew that's a nervous Jew!" Robert Webber as the neurotic agent says "That's not a nervous Jew! This is a nervous Jew!" and Robert Preston as the Hollywood doctor says "That's funny, you don't look nervous." Webber responds with "Knock it off Doc!" and Preston counters with "Oh relax, some of my best friends are nervous."

Back